Thread: Wiring harness?

Wiring harness?

Can anybody tell me were to find a modified wiring harness for a 2007 yfz 450? Thinking about installing a kick starter and want to eliminate the wiring mess. I was told about a Ferocity, but can't find anything on him.

Is this really worth doing? I have some issues with battery going dead, charging system is working, battery is a few years old and isn't a high dollar one either. I was told by a guy at the track to buy a lithium battery but not sure which way to go....

Any input would be appreciated...
    PROUD DAD OF ZACH ROMELL#7x
    07 yamaha yfz 450
    00 Honda 400ex
    05 drr pit quad

Thanks to Shawn Snyder for all his help all these past race years!

Ferocity is a member at yfztech he is great to deal with and does excellent work. IMO the race harness is worth it, gives a clean look and makes it faster tracking down electrical issues if u happen to run into one.
    07 YFZ MX - Walsh/PEP kicker. LSR nerfs. yfzR rear fender/seat conversion. rpm d2 axle. precision stabilizer. all the goodies..

Putting a kick start on and removing the starter, battery, and all the un-needed wires was the best thing I ever did to my YFZ. There used to be a wiring diagram floating around on yfztech.com that I used.
    Walsh YZ

Thanks to Quinn Motorsports, Mike's Bikes and Xplicit Motorsports

I purchased a wiring a custom wiring harness from Ferocity along with a resistor and it cleared up all my electrical problems. I had about $180 in it along with a purchase of a lithium battery (weight).

I have another motor that I am getting built for nationals that I will more than likely have a kick starter installed on , but I will want to see the weight difference between the battery and kick starter kit, if not significant, I probably won't do it.
    PROUD DAD OF ZACH ROMELL#7x
    07 yamaha yfz 450
    00 Honda 400ex
    05 drr pit quad

Thanks to Shawn Snyder for all his help all these past race years!

does this wiring harness excist for the YFZ 450r ?
    because the stock wiring is such a big mess..

Quote Originally Posted by Dutry R View Post
    does this wiring harness excist for the YFZ 450r ?
    because the stock wiring is such a big mess..
    Baldwin has done a few race harnesses for the YFZR. Call the shop.
    2009 YFZ450R
    Baldwin, DID, DP, Houser, JB, Maxxis, PD, PCV, PEP, LSR, Rath, RPM, Sparks, SSI, SunStar, Works Connection

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, SSI Decals, & my checkbook!!