Thread: 400ex carb issues

Unhappy 400ex carb issues

Alright I have an 03 400ex just had it jetted new needle new gaskets and new o ring on the screw that drains the carb. The bike runs great but when it get up to temperature it starts spitting fuel out of the carb hose. The thing is the bike still runs fine as it does this. And it won't stop until cooled. I've taken it apart numerous times to clean it and make sure the float isn't sticking everything looks and seems fine to me. Any suggestions? ?

Quote Originally Posted by ohhbilly760 View Post
    Alright I have an 03 400ex just had it jetted new needle new gaskets and new o ring on the screw that drains the carb. The bike runs great but when it get up to temperature it starts spitting fuel out of the carb hose. The thing is the bike still runs fine as it does this. And it won't stop until cooled. I've taken it apart numerous times to clean it and make sure the float isn't sticking everything looks and seems fine to me. Any suggestions? ?

If your popping wheelies and hill climbing and riding hard then this would be normal, it going into the overflow vent and then out the dump hose...a little is normal. If it doesn't stop after you quit riding then there is a problem.
    1984 Honda 200M ATC
    1985 Honda 200X ATC
    1986 Honda 200X ATC
    1999 Honda 406EX....11:1, Web Cam / Hardened rockers. Ported. WB CDI. CT Racing header. WB E-Series slip on. Lonestar swinger.
    2001 Honda/KTM 520 Hybrid Quad. Its like a 400EX but twice the horsepower.
    2014 Artic Cat Wildcat Trail XT