Thread: what fuel to use?

Hybrid View

holy molten metal batman !!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.it doesn't look like it leaned out from the pics but maybe the death rattle did it in(detonation). we always used 100 octane with amsoil dominator and never had a problem.nastynotchback is right.dump the oil injection and premix it.the riders thumb will feel much better too.as far as the oil drain goes I've got one on our 06 preddy 90 so it should be there?? there's a small hole in a crossmember and it should be above that.by the way,what did the spark plug look like when you pulled it? was it intact?

plug.jpg
    Here is the plug. I have jetted the engine as fat as I could before it would loose power. I drill my jets so i dont know what size they are. Much larger than stock.
    If you cant beat it, Shoot it.

2010 oultaw 90, CDI and PIPE.
    03 KFX 80 stock with 6''+ arms.

wow.from the pic that plug looks lean.it should be a tan/light brown color but that looks really clean,almost gray.what size carb are you running? when we had our malossi big bore 90 we had a 28mm with 140/45 combo and our ngk iridium 10eixplugs were always good.i always went a little fat on the fuel mix.rather replace plugs than rebuild engines.

It is the stock carb.. It is on the grey side. It does look lean. The quad has been driven on long trips before but this time was 3 min at best. Higher elevation at that . I I have tuned turbo cars and have lots of knowledge on tuning carbs but It does look lean. I don't know, as i stated I drilled the jets quite large and when it started to run worse I went back to the last jet. Perhaps I need to re tune, after I get a new cylinder and piston.

dump the stock carb.the stocker is 19mm and parts are non existent.i have a 28mm and a bunch of jets and I also have the malossi big bore 90 that's complete if you're interested.it's in the mini parts for sale section. make me an offer I can't refuse!!!!! it's just sitting btw,what pipe are you running??

Well I put on a new top end and it runs good. I removed the oil tank and premixd the fuel also put in 104 octane. I put in a new CDI box with high rev. I just need to tune the engine now. This time I will make the mix nice and fat.