Thread: 50 wont need help please

50 wont need help please

Alright guy I need some help I bought my son a 50 a few weeks ago he's rode it about 5 times the last time he rode it it got to where it wouldn't idle then eventually wouldn't start back It's got spark getting fuel also tried starting fluid and I got between 110 and 115 on compression and I know that is probably low but would it not start. I'm using the e-start and when you crank it it sounds like it wants to start but just doesn't can someone please help.

115 is low. try taking spark plug off and putting a few drops of oil in cylinder then try to start it. If it works, you need to rebuild.

Thanks man I got some new info I've been using the e-start tried with the kicker today it started still don't idle time for a rebuild maybe

Kicker works 1000 times better than the e start. Not sure why, I had a bombardier that would crank for 5-10 seconds before starting, but my 6yr old could start it 1st kick every time. If you get it running, and it seems like it has power, your jetting is probably off. Did you have a temperature change recently?

Well not so much. The temperature has been a little erratic but on the days he has been riding were all about the same temperature. Drrs website says for the 06-09 compression is approx 180 psi his is an 09. I didn't realize until today the compression was supposed to be that high or I'd already have parts ordered.