Thread: cr80 vs 2fast

cr80 vs 2fast

with 4 weeks till our first race im getting a little concerned about our engine. I have a stock cr80 with a full fmf pipe. on a blaster mod. this will be only for short track racing only. this will be my boys first year racing with a clutch so there s gonna be a learning curve for sure. but is the engine gonna be able to at least stay some what close? Or should I spend these next couple of weeks doing engine work. and if so what? porting? go to a full 90cc? something else?

I think it's fine as it is for a starter machine.
    As your son's riding skills increase, then you may want to do something. Untill then, it's not the motor going to restrict him.
    Most motor builders are busy now that it's race season so a month prolly isn't enough anyways.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

man I hope so. on eric gorr's website he says that he keeps ported jugs on hand so the turn around time is pretty fast. I guess we ll see how the first race goes and make plans for the rest of the season after that

how about you give him hours of ride time and tune what you have already
    seat time seat time seat time !!! my .02

I agree on the seat time complety. the weather isn t being real nice to us right now. we just got about 2 inches of snow yesterday.

im driving 350 miles south to make some ride time ,it has been a long spring !!!

oh boy, that's a pretty serious trip. my boys are doing a hare scramble this weekend. pretty sure its gonna be a big mud hole.

IMO....Depending on the rider...YES. I always thought that the shifter just has another gear if ridden by a rider that can hold it pinned for 5 laps.....The 2fasts are hard to beat. They are very powerful, and the rider will never miss a gear. But, in a long straightaway the shifter will pull away from the CVT. But again, you have to have a rider to hold it pinned.
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

had some engine issues so I sent the engine out to be rebuilt. at least now we ll have a good base line to go off of and know what to expect from it. my 2 boys will have to share a quad for a race or two. that should be fun, ha