Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I source an axle, sprocket, and brakes?

Where can I source an axle, sprocket, and brakes?

I hope you all can help me. I am starting a project that is based on this mini atv/quad rear swing arm I bought off eBay. I can't seem to find parts for it anywhere. I am hoping you all will be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction. I bought this particular swing arm because it appears to be the same swing arm used on Xtreme Typhoon mini atv's.

I am positing a picture so you all can see what I am talking about.

This is the swing arm I have.

I guess my first question is, is this the same swing arm used on Xtreme Typhoon atv's and does anyone know where I can source an axle, sprocket, and brakes for it? Thanks in advance.

I have an axle, and brakes.
    http://www.rebelgears.com/testimonials.html
    I think this is the place we got sprockets, I have a thread on here of all the parts i have left, would love to get rid of them all

several of the xtremes and other makes had different swingers. I have 4 of them we work with. I have that exact swinger. the bushings are a 2peice bushing. I think better than the rubber stuff, but also just as prone to wear.
    do you have bearings? if not do a Google search for bearings. I think the place is usa-bearing inc. you should be able to measure the axle and the hub and get a bearing from them. the axle bearings are 11mm wide so you will need 2 per side.

FYI that swinger also came from a Baja storm 125

I'm in need of swingarm bushings for the xtreme typhoon. Just wondering what size or if anyone knows the size.
    Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the help guys.

@leager-n-ky, I will take a look at your thread.

@oscarmayer, right now I don't have anything other than that swinger and the frame that I will be using. I wasn't able to find a website for US Bearings Inc. Could this be the company you were talking about (USA Bearings & Belts)? Oh and is this bearings that I am looking for?

Bushing02.jpg

I am having a set of carriers made and I was wondering if someone can post a few photos of the carriers. I think there is supposed to be a lip inside of the carriers that the bearings rest on. Thanks in advance.

yes they have a lip. they also sit very close to 1 side so the bearing holes are not center. this allowing for "rotational" adjustment for the chain.

honestly, want something that will last? if your going to spend time and $ on the bike, get a custom rear swinger made that will run a raptor 125/250 rear axle. and uses pillow ball bearing so it is easily to bolt to the current location. THAT would save you a ton of grief. the bearings run about $55 a set of 4 shipped average and are becoming harder to source. if done right it will cost you around $350-$500 total parts included and you will have a rear that will last for years w/o issues.

take it form someone whom races these ATVs. they look good but performance is very lacking all over.

yes, that's them.

Too late now, he's already making them. I wish you would have posted earlier. Thanks anyway though.

good luck.
    we are selling out typhoon with the KX engine in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast