Thread: is your clutch like mine?

is your clutch like mine?

Ok so I've had my 400 for a while now and ever since I bought it it's been hard to pull my clutch lever in. I've changed my clutch with a tusk clutch with H.D springs and changed clutch cable. It's still hard to pull. Is it my perch assembly or what. Is anyone else's clutch like this. Is it a normal thing. I've ever rode another 400 besides mine.

I've always had a stiff clutch, I'd replace cables anually but they were always burnt where it runs beside the exhaust header within a year.

I'm using a Tusk pack in my 400 too. I got a 250x cable and routed it around by the frame on the right side. The clutch is much better now, but I still notice it's the stiffest in the shop out of 2 450rs, YFZ450, Raptor 660 & KFX 400. I think I read somewhere you can change the lever on the clutch cover for better leverage.. typing this out reminded me that that is something I was going to look into lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicsmoke View Post
    I've always had a stiff clutch, I'd replace cables anually but they were always burnt where it runs beside the exhaust header within a year.

I'm using a Tusk pack in my 400 too. I got a 250x cable and routed it around by the frame on the right side. The clutch is much better now, but I still notice it's the stiffest in the shop out of 2 450rs, YFZ450, Raptor 660 & KFX 400. I think I read somewhere you can change the lever on the clutch cover for better leverage.. typing this out reminded me that that is something I was going to look into lol.
    Alright never though of that. I like that idea. I have to keep that in mind. I don't mind it but after a long day riding it really starts to wear on the ol fore arms lol. I been thinking about a shorty perch assembly

My clutch is completely stock and is very easy to pull..you said you have HD springs....those will increase the effort needed to pull the lever..unless you have some serious mods, a stock clutch is all that's really needed

Alright. Thanks crosshairs good to know. It don't bother me just trying to make life easier for my ol lady lol