Thread: drr 50 starting problems

drr 50 starting problems

Hey guys I just picked my son up a 2009 drr 50 and I'm having a problem . This thing won't start unless you put the choke on even after you ride it for a long time it still just don't start unless you choke it. It runs great when it starts I intend to let him start racing xc next month and if something happens that it stalls on him he won't be able to get it started back. Any help would be great.

drain the tank and make sure there's no water in the fuel.if that's not it then the carb should come off and get a thorough cleaning.pay attention to all the passages and make sure the jets are spotless,especially the pilot jet.

Quote Originally Posted by chris p. View Post
    drain the tank and make sure there's no water in the fuel.if that's not it then the carb should come off and get a thorough cleaning.pay attention to all the passages and make sure the jets are spotless,especially the pilot jet.
    Thanks man but i forgot to mention that i already took the carb down for the cleaning, but on the bright side i think i found the problem the guy i bought it from had disconnected the oil injection and didnt block the intake port good enough i capped it with my finger and got it to start without the choke. I guess it was sucking air ad losing vaccum.

That would do it !!!!!! Lol. Good luck