Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationals!

Nationals!

Is any text necessary here?! It's time for the Nationals!!!

7 years ago this site would have been blowing up with ppls travel plans, lodging arrangements and all rhe other stuff about the nats. .....not so much anymore
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Pretty sad. People would rather talk about what step tubes they are putting on their tacky truck or "what they did today".

I'm hoping for some surprise contenders at Round One!

Im cheering for pro #75 Casey Martin to do good. Kinda a local guy to me and raced under earlywine roof with him back in the day. Well never really against him lol. Whats the scoop on Musick. I heard pro now I hear pro am again?
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    7 years ago this site would have been blowing up with ppls travel plans, lodging arrangements and all rhe other stuff about the nats. .....not so much anymore
    2 words.......gas prices.
    1984 Honda 200M ATC
    1985 Honda 200X ATC
    1986 Honda 200X ATC
    1999 Honda 406EX....11:1, Web Cam / Hardened rockers. Ported. WB CDI. CT Racing header. WB E-Series slip on. Lonestar swinger.
    2001 Honda/KTM 520 Hybrid Quad. Its like a 400EX but twice the horsepower.
    2014 Artic Cat Wildcat Trail XT

From looking at the results, looks like they had a awesome turn out. Except in pro.

Hopefully it stays like this for the rest of the season
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

I thought the same thing, good turnout, even Pro had a full gate. Good start to the season. And dropping the 4 Stroke class was a great move IMO, no need for it with the 450, Open, and Production classes already.

Any one go to the races? I was wondering about the Pro Am races. I see Cam Covil went 1-1. Pretty sick. Him and Musick went from the top of the minis to the top of Pro Am in two years. Crazy.

cam put on a pretty sick ride considering not only was it his pro am debut but also his 450 debut at barely 16 y/o !

I haven't see a new quad at South Fork since mid-October when we bought the place. There are still quad riders...just the same ones that were already in the sport. :-( As their equipment dies, they either leave altogether or show up on a bike.
    Operator of South Fork Competition Park near Richmond, VA.
    www.southforkmx.com or "Like" South Fork Competition Park on Facebook.
    2013 CRF450R
    2006 TRX450R

I'm glad the season is here. The off season, although shortened with the Pro-Challenge in Texas during the fall, still seemed too long. As long as Pro can keep 20 on the gate, I am usually happy to see it. Entries were in the 500s for Aonia.

I don't think local racers go to the Nationals like they used. I remember seeing 75-80 entries in C class at most any National. Most were back yard looking riders too. Today, it seems half of C class have full graphic kits, long travel, etc. Maybe the local racers are too intimated to race a national? I know the industry is down & it's a bit different paying $3.50/gal vs $2.00/gal as it was ten years ago. In my area, many have just grown up and gotten out of the sport. I don't see a lot of young kids riding, let alone racing. If there's a National near ya, take some friends and go watch!!
    2009 YFZ450R
    Baldwin, DID, DP, Houser, JB, Maxxis, PD, PCV, PEP, LSR, Rath, RPM, Sparks, SSI, SunStar, Works Connection

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, SSI Decals, & my checkbook!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast