Thread: Suzuki LT230 Cracked Cover

Suzuki LT230 Cracked Cover

I just bought an old suzuki lt230 and then I saw It had a broken casing (the left one: The side of the clutch) the hole is about 1 Inch by 3 inches and The holes were covered by Silicone and a never saw it when time to buy ... New casing cost 150$ from ebay but I don't wanna spend 150$ for a casing cause I have other repairs to do on it... So, how can I repair that hole ? Can I weld it ?

I have another question, It's missing the Rear brake caliper and pedal , where can I buy these ?

Thank You

I have repaired one of those side covers before by tig welding it. A wire welder with aluminum spool would be a little easier bc its hard to get the cover clean enuf from oil to weld good. Those quads are notorious for the chains jumping off and causing damage. Even when there are good used ones on ebay they usually go for 90-100 dollars.
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come