Quote Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
I have a question regarding a 400 and a raptor. A buddy needs new rear tires on the yami, I couldn't find any for him so I was going to sell him my wheel/tire combo rears. I thought they were all 4/110, Found out quick raptor is 4/115.

The problem is, My tires and wheels are new and we used a chit ton of bead seal on them so im kinda worried about un-mounting them for the yami wheels. I read you can drill out the 400 wheels with a 1/2" bit and maybe some filing and they will fit. Is this true? has anyone done it?

I don't want to ruin a set of wheels if it wont work, But I have read many opinions on it and they say it works. Anyone by chance do this and or try and fail?
Somebody could set up a jig and drill them to 4/110.. A machinest with a garage full of Yamaha's offered that to me back in '02-'03 for my 400 when I mangled the holed my rims 30 miles from my house.

I didn't have him do it, and ended having to replace my hub and rim by the time I got back to my house, lol..

But it can be done, Not something I would do on my own as I don't have the steadiest of hands or the most precises measuring skills.. If you're not perfect in measuring and drilling you're going to have one hell of a wobble (like a bent axle)