Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 400EX Won't Start

definitely double check your timing and make sure. you should almost always have play in one of the rockers if it's at TDC. i can't imagine they are all that tight that there is no play when you're TDC.

So I checked the valve clearance again to be sure...still right where it needed to be. Rotated it around to the 'T' again (top of exhaust stroke) and the exhaust valves had no clearance (as they should...they're supposed to be open) and still had clearance on both intakes. Rotated it around to 'T' again (TDC compression stroke), all valves still had correct clearance. Pulled the valve cover off, everything is in time--marks on the cam sprocket lined up with the head. I have no idea what could be wrong with this thing. Can someone enlighten me on this cam decompressor mechanism? I'm not familiar with it.

all i know is there is a tiny plunger in the head with a spring underneath...
    2003 400ex
    powermadd star series handguards w/wrap-powermadd gauntlets-elka stage 3 front shock-tusk nerfs- 11:1 piston-full fmf-gtt xc link-oury grips-909 bars-precision anti-vibe clamp-K&N filter-ccp steering stabalizer-oversized oil tank

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345