Thread: 09 sportsman overheats

09 sportsman overheats

My sportsman 500 ho over heats I replace circuit breaker so fan runs now as before it was not always runny when it should now it runs all the time when ATV gets up to temp. The fan runs all the time when warmed up with out turning off even though its 30 degrees out is this normal? When I let the ATV cool then start it up no fan till it warms up but then doesn't cycle is this normal? Do your fans run all the time? The fan pulls 5amps on my multimeter Tatar opens in boiling water water pump impeller looks fine... Over heats when my dad uses it to plow his driveway the last couple of snow storms thanks in advance. Dennis

maybe try hooking up a toggle switch to it so it wont run all the time. or replace the coolant sensor maybe.

Its a very common occurrence for Polaris sportsman radiator's to be clogged with mud causing them to get hot and not cool properly with the fan which will cause the fan to stay running (fan should only stay on a maximum of 1-1/2 miniute when cooling system is working properly)...remove your front panel and take a flashlight and place it behind the radiator if you cannot see light or very little light take a pressure washer and spray it out until you can see light between all the cooling fins. make sure to keep the sprayer straight on with the fins so you dont bend them

Agree with miles Machine.