Thread: Hatfield McCoy trails

Hatfield McCoy trails

I know this post has been beat to death, but I have some specific questions. 1 Can my wife and I ride together on the same quad, 2 where is the best place to go? We are shooting to go as a group of around 12-15 machines. We have a range of riding experience so moderate to challenging trails would be great. We are not into rock climbing just trails and a bit of mud. We are shooting to go around September, is this a good time to go. I want to make the trip enjoyable for everyone. Also are there any cabins/ houses for lodging for this many people, that we would be happy with, it can be several cabins as long as they are in the same area. We would like to park the trucks at the cabins and ride to the trail heads. We like to ride so we would like to knock off as many miles as we can in 3 days. Thank you for all your help. Sorry I am new to this but I LOVE IT. Thanks
    Matt

click on the link then click on a trail logo to find out info about each one as far as total amount, length and difficulty of each trail set. Rock house is the largest (about 98 miles of trails) and has the most lodging available in Gilbert & Mann. You can access Bear Wallow & Rock house. you can trailer to Buffalo (great for bikes) from Gilbert but my one buddy did ride his dirt bike on the roads to get there and didn't get hassled.

The only other one I visited was Indian ridge, which has connectors to Pinnacle Creek and Pocahontas. It was nice being able to ride a different trail set each day. We even took the roads home at the end of the day and honestly some of these roads were better suited for ATV's then automobiles. We stayed at the Ashland Resort which has some cabins and full hook up camp sites but they fill up quickly and there isn't much else in that area for lodging with out trailering. Wild Willy's is another place that you can stay. When you click on the link and the trail logo there will be a handful of lodging options for each. If you do go to Indian Ridge and you are coming from the north set your gps to Bluefield wv then to Ashland from there otherwise you will wind up on a mountain road that isn't paved and tough to pass with a trailer or motor home.

You can only ride 2 on a quad if your quad is set up for 2. 4x4 with a seat attachment not on a sport quad. There are forums available in the link and everyone there is very helpful. Have a great trip it's the best place to ride short of Paiute, Utah.

http://www.trailsheaven.com/