Thread: Bms typhoon

Bms typhoon

Is this the same atv as the xtreme typhoon?

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/B...tv-typhoon.htm

Would this be a step up for an 8yr old who is currently riding a lt80 and dislikes the way it jumps? Or is it too big?

yes, I am doubtful they have them in stock. I have seen about a dozen adds where vendors just did not update their sites to remove the typhoons and other similar ATVs.
    call and validate before you try to buy online. If you fine it valid, that is am amazing price for a new in the crate typhoon and you need to buy one. when little Johnny outgrows the 125, you can head over to tboltusa.com and pick up a 155z as a starting platform for the next level. from there, the bug takes it's bite....

i have been in contact with bms, they do have these in stock and also have "some" parts on hand. these are now available again! they basically copied typhoon's atv since they no longer exist and have been out of business for over 4 years that makes their atv like open for grabs (according to use laws). So we have access to typhoons again!! awesome news!!!

So I take it that these are decent ATVs? Will they need anything right away? Other than a set of shocks that are suitable for his weight.

you will need to take it completely apart and properly assemble it and lub everything. why? they come dry from the factory. a lot of dealers do not properly do this. so take it upon yourself to do it. (not talking about the engine, but the suspension and swing arm and all bolts that bolt it together.)
    you will then need to look at replacing the rev limiter with an aftermarket and remove the factory neutral safety. there is a set of pins in the front where the harness converges you can jumper 2 wires to accomplish this., (again this is for riding cross country competition stuff). if your just wanting a weekend trail rider, leave it.
    what kind of riding are you wanting to do? out of the box it's not bad. will it win? probably not, but will the rider have a good time, you bet ya! it will not be long before they will be needing more power and the factory 3speed w/reverse is junk. www.tboltusa.com sells a nice drop-in replacements. you need an electric start 4-speed engine, or if your brave, you can drop in a kicker only pitbike motor and change the harness over.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    So I take it that these are decent ATVs? Will they need anything right away? Other than a set of shocks that are suitable for his weight.
    NO.YES.NO The only thing this quad is good for is trail riding.You will get you kid hurt trying to race it in factory or modified form.How many have you seen at any event compared to other brands?
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

^ that can be said at most any brand of ATV. in stock form none of the are capable of competing in my opinion. I honestly do not think they are any worse than the names brand ATVs from stock. all of them need suspension modifications, and a few other things to start competing. Do they have potential? Yes.
    Why do you not see more of them? they were only available for 3-4 years before Xtreme went out of business and ruined the market for them with crappy service and offering up bad product as good. if you take your time, and do things right, they are a decent machine and no worse than any other brand. the biggest downfall is their weight. they weigh more than other brands and I hate that. wince the instillation of the kx65 modified motor into our ATV we have lost around 40lbs and once I do up the new rear end, we will have lost a total of 65lbs.

a chromoly frame would have done wonders for weight savings and strength over the factory mild steel.