Thread: Drr frame w/shifter

Drr frame w/shifter

Has anyone put a shifter motor in a DRR frame? Been thinking about doing that and wondered if anyone else had some thoughts on it.

Yes I have, it is a lot of work to do it right. I can dig up pictures if you are interested. What are you planning on using the quad for? racing, TT, sand quad?

Yes I would be interested in seeing pics, thanks. The shifter will be used as a practice quad for MX and he may race a little XC on it also. He has two drr's right now and I thought if I could get one to be a shifter then he can learn on it and at least the two would feel familiar when he rides one or the other.

The only reason that I ask, is that it is a lot of work to do and if you are paying to have it done... it is not worth it in my opinion. If you have the ability to do it yourself, it is worth it in my opinion, since I did it myself... many different ways.

Here is my photo bucket link and the DRR/CR85 http://s216.photobucket.com/user/X-S...?sort=3&page=1

Don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get ahold of me. My boys have grown up now and I miss the time we had racing together, it goes by way to damn fast!

Quote Originally Posted by BradLoomis View Post
    The only reason that I ask, is that it is a lot of work to do and if you are paying to have it done... it is not worth it in my opinion. If you have the ability to do it yourself, it is worth it in my opinion, since I did it myself... many different ways.

Here is my photo bucket link and the DRR/CR85 http://s216.photobucket.com/user/X-S...?sort=3&page=1

Don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get ahold of me. My boys have grown up now and I miss the time we had racing together, it goes by way to damn fast!
    Not to still the thread but Brad has tons of experience in this stuff and has helped my son for many years.
    Briant Sizemore
    Proud dad of

Brock Sizemore#322Y
    Raptor 250
    NTS INc.
    Triumph Motorsports
    Brad Loomis X-Stream Composits
    H&M Motorsports
    Roll Design
    Fly Racing
    Rath Racing
    DC RV Repair
    Kicker Car Audio
    The Design Group
    Special Thanks to

Mark Williams

Why build one--- buy a nice one cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by TTracer#22 View Post
    Not to still the thread but Brad has tons of experience in this stuff and has helped my son for many years.
    Look under Toledo Ohio Craigslist. Search DRR under for sale items. My old quad is there! DRR with a fresh and very fast CR85 in it and it was built correctly! Nice quad for cheap.