Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Wheels built 450R/250R Shootout

Dirt Wheels built 450R/250R Shootout

Hello Friends,

I am setting the wheels in motion for a built TRX 250R/450R shootout/article in Dirt Wheels mag. Working with Cain Smead (DW Editor) to find a show quality built TRX 450R to run against my TRX 250R that was featured in the September 2013 issue of Dirt Wheels "BDT Honda 363R". This will most likely be done at Dumont Dunes, CA, so you will need to be within driving distance to this location. This would be more of a duner/sand dunes capable machine test. Ideally this will be a machine that was built by one of the top builders that want's to feature their company and work in a Similar fashion as the write up in the September 2013 issue that highlighted BDT Motorsports and The Dirt Factory. This is great exposure for the right build/company. My machine has changed a bit since that article with a new frame and swingarm/shock combo, but is essentially the same. So, put the feelers out there and please message me if you feel you have a viable candidate for the test.

Please understand we are looking for a high caliber/show quality machine that is on par with the 250R (see below picture) it will run against. Not sure of the test location and date at this point, but it will be sand, possibly Dumount. We want to get this done before it gets too hot, so in the next 2-3 months. So you will need to get the bike to the location of the test on the agreed upon day and time. I have done a couple of these are the testing is not easy and requires a good rider that is in good shape! I was cooked after the test on my bike!

that engine would really be something if jerry hall or arlen lehman built it. even with a BDT engine it should spank just about any 450.

beautifu trx250r by the way.

john
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Quote Originally Posted by jcs003 View Post
    that engine would really be something if jerry hall or arlen lehman built it. even with a BDT engine it should spank just about any 450.

beautifu trx250r by the way.

john
    With Hall I think of a quadzilla. LED lost my confidence when his pipe cracked on my second ride. I think Rob Selvy knows a thing or two when it comes to building these engines.

this guy wouldnt touch my engine.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGijuc24YU

john
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Quote Originally Posted by jcs003 View Post
    this guy wouldnt touch my engine.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGijuc24YU

john
    Nice! That Rob is a crazy dude....

Nice R. Been looking for a dyno of a BDT Puma & Sphynx for some time.. hopefully dirt wheels will put one of those in the article!
    ==>LSR framed Axis Pro-Trax 76mm Pro-X 4mil crank dune & show bike.
    ==>Stock frame laeger 72mm Pro-X play bike

Rob selvy,ace carlos are a couple of blowhards talkin crap about arlan.they should be ashamed of themselves great lookin bike ,its sad the bdt name has to be on it

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessfred View Post
    Rob selvy,ace carlos are a couple of blowhards talkin crap about arlan.they should be ashamed of themselves great lookin bike ,its sad the bdt name has to be on it
    Thanks for the compliment on the bike Fred! I have been really happy with BDT and their work. I try to stay out of the drama!

If the shootout happens post the dates ,I might come check out

If the shootout happens post the dates ,I might come check out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast