Thread: Tranny problem

Tranny problem

Got an '06 TRX90, it won't shift into 1st gear. I've got neutral and all the gears above it, but when pushing the lever downward, it just won't go into 1st, nothing happens. The mechanic at the local shop said I'm probably looking at $800 to $900 to fix it...and I paid $950 for the quad so clearly it's not worth fixing. Any ideas? The lever isn't bent so it's getting full travel, just in case someone might think it's not getting downward movement enough. Thanks -Steve

Pull clutch cover off and check things out. If its internal, prob a shift fork. $8-900 is CRAZY.... shop must be slow... If you dont want to wrench on it, get ahold of Firepower Minis, Terry will fix u up.
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

Thanks for replying. Turns out there's NOTHING wrong with the quad, all the gears are above neutral. My daughter only rides the 90 so I have no idea where she got the notion to tell me she can't get it into 1st gear...she even said when she kicks it down it won't go in...and a source I found on the internet even said it was 1 down and 3 above neutral...so you can well imagine the laugh the mechanic gave me when I told him the situation and he said nothing was wrong. The humilation was readily soothed by the realization that there'd be no need to spend money or turn wrenches on the thing! All's well that ends well, thanks again for helping! -Steve