Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '89 CR500R motor in a quad

P1000387.jpg128.jpgThat's the reason I wanted to build it...because Honda never did, I love this quad. Thanks for all the nice words, I've had this on three other sites and hardly ever heard a word. Thought I built a dud or something, I never did a build thread due to lack of interest. ??? I actually sent Dirt Wheels some pics and they did a shot in the over the bars section last October I believe. No real good video yet, I'll work on that after all this damn snow melts. Its a blast on the ice too!!

She's not a dud if you love to ride her. I think most guys don't know what to say 'cause they want her to be all Honda. If they took her for a ride they would crap. Nice machine. I bet she's a hoot.

Thanks ytman, I've never called it a 500R. CR500 elsinore 4... elsinore from the old Hondas and 4 from the old moto4s, kind of a breed all its own. If Yamaha would have built a liquid open MXer, I woulda went that way, I did have intentions of stayin brand loyal, but this chassis was more or less given to me, so this was my other option. LOL.. my next moves gonna be a quadracer 250 in a yfz for my son. The yfz chassis seems to be very compatible with many hybrid applications. Only a few of us know what a hoot them 500s really are, hey, , thanks again bud!

Do yo have any video of this quad? Looks like a lot of fun!

Not really.. some poor quality at best, gonna be awhile before we get rid of all this snow. The ice is unsafe now too, so we're in a lull right now time to set back up for dirt!! Its been a long winter!!P1000911.jpgP1000980.jpg2011-2012 119.jpg2011-2012 115.jpg130.jpg....this snow is really pissin me off!! got over a foot today!!

Randall, that 500 is AWESOME!! So want to build one. When the weather breaks get some pics of the mounts that you used on this beast. Would LOVE to build a monster like this for the track. First kick and everyone would know it's not your average YFZ!

Thanks Joe... its really not that bad of a build, just start with the swingarm pivot and the rest just kinda falls into place. Put your order in, lol, it is a track monster for sure!!038.jpg A true yfz smoker, back in stock trim.

Awesome!!!! It turned out great!! Good Job.

https://youtu.be/PDDIABjCpXI

'99 400EX - The Girlfriend's Son's Ride

'09 Laeger Pro-Trax 330R - What a Rocket!
    '06 HYBRID XR680R with 400EX geometry - INSANE Torque Monster

'87 TRX250R - stolen R.I.P.

there were a million made on trx250r frames. all said the frames would crack. I always said 4 stroke frame would work. but guys do put them in atc250r frames with no issue. I think maybe an article for atvriders.com would be good..
    service honda should take note too
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123