Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The CVT world is under attack...WHY? Your thoughts...

I never spoke of nor asked Mr. ford anything (I have no info or experience to offer him since he is way above my abilities financially ).He is a very nice gentleman and respects others. I highly respect the Fords. They have come a very long way in the racing scene and have made a lot of changes that I respect.

I spoke to a different parent that was from out of state (i cannot remember their name or I would mention it) a the pro challenge racing there. they were just finishing the season and estimated a $85-$87k spending yr. I was like Holy MOO!

so in short others spend tons too.

I think that we forget that there are many other venues for racing other than the rich ppl nationals.

I sucked a bunch of campers out at JB's last yr. I couln't believe it.
    Monster motorhome pulling a monster trailer. Had to be 200k easy......50cc rider....
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

lt80: EXACTLY !!!!! we used to show up with a 6x8 trailer and my old truck that looked more like a crop duster and feel out of place......until we fired up the quad and watch everyone's jaw hit the ground.it was a great feeling to watch my son finish ahead of the $$$$$ guys and go home with a 1st place trophy.just saying....lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevo7706 View Post
    i'm sure many have spent near 6 figures for a short rise to the top of this sport. Talent aside, the number of competitors makes it possible. Drop the cost of competing and the competition will increase. Until more kids are competing in quad racing, spending big money to compete against a small number of racers doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    agreed!!!
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Attachment 1718107458
    Quote Originally Posted by hensonfamfun View Post
    Personally I'm tired of this internet talking and debate! Thanks Rocky for the thread!! Lets have this discussion in less than a month while the kids are running around playing with their buddies they haven't seen in 7 months, burgers are on the grill, quads are washed, cold one in hands, (yes plural) and the fragrance of racing fuel fills the air at Aonia!!! Man I miss it like a fat kid misses cake!!! First round on Visnic...........guess you need to budget for 86k now Visnic!!!!!
    Sorry Man, The forum was getting boring. LOL.
    Did I mention that WE are ALL DONE with mini's? Wooo!
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

lots of discussion about the pluses and minuses of CVTs.. but the single point is they should not be banned or have age limits. it is a type of transmission nothing more! same as a lot of cars, utv's, even 1000cc 4x4 quads. If someone chooses to run one they should be allowed to whether they finish in the front of the pack or the back. Oh and the ATVA promoters group should stop making stupid last minute rule changes based on bogus one sided information.
    Emily Saieva #411
    (Facebook, YouTube, Hookit, Twitter)
    2014 WORCS 8-15 Sport and 90cc Stock National Champion
    2013 Dirt Series 90cc Champion and Quad-x 70cc Champion
    - 2016 Media Allstars Team
    - Solo Pilot
    - Blue Sunday Films
    - Precision Powder Coating
    - Spy Optics
    - Fox Shox
    - Maxxis Tires
    - Ogio
    - Matrix Concepts
    - DWT
    - Leatt
    - Ryno Power
    - Fasst Company
    - Twin Air
    - Renthal
    - Amsoil
    - BTO Sports
    - FourWerx Carbon
    - BumPatch.com
    - Vimeo

I could not agree with that more sir! if someone wants to run CVT at 18 yrs old, let them. I think a class should be determined by engine size not transmission type. in a 50cc class ok, past that, NO.

I've often wondered why there isn't racing based on skill level. Quads have a unique position as a platform to adopt the best, successful ideas from 2wheel AND 4wheel motorsports. Bracket/time trial racing could easily solve many problems expressed about our sport. IMHO, "run what you brung", outlaw racing would bring renewed interest and excitement to quad racing (and maybe a spectator or two). Is skill level racing too far a stretch for quads?

Hate to bring up this thread again... But how did that rule change work out for the girls class this year ? Maybe they should seriously reconsider changing the rules for the boys class next year.
    Emily Saieva #411
    (Facebook, YouTube, Hookit, Twitter)
    2014 WORCS 8-15 Sport and 90cc Stock National Champion
    2013 Dirt Series 90cc Champion and Quad-x 70cc Champion
    - 2016 Media Allstars Team
    - Solo Pilot
    - Blue Sunday Films
    - Precision Powder Coating
    - Spy Optics
    - Fox Shox
    - Maxxis Tires
    - Ogio