Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The CVT world is under attack...WHY? Your thoughts...

Post The CVT world is under attack...WHY? Your thoughts...

I don't know if any of you noticed BUT the CVT machine has been seriously limited as to what classes they can be ran in.
    The powers that be have decided to limit the age a rider can be while riding a CVT machine which eliminates it from a few classes.
    NOW, they have decided that a CVT cannot be run in the Girls Sr. Class as well. See: http://atvmotocross.com/2014/01/16/c...ulletin-2014-4

In my opinion this is all a step backwards. A CVT is a great platform to get into racing - as most of us began - with the advantage of building the machine little by little as your rider develops and ages. Not everyone (Most People) has the money to purchase a race machine outright BUT they can afford to buy parts as needed or as the budget allows for a CVT. I absolutely know that a top notch CVT is just as expensive as any 90 Mod but the difference is a CVT can be built over time whereas a 90 Mod cost a ton - used or new. NEW is just ridiculous!
    I don't understand why they even messed with these rules...leave well enough alone. If it was not broke - don't fix it. If a parent wants to keep his rider on a CVT till he/she is 16 then that should be their prerogative. Not that I think that is a great idea but....
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

My opinion is that there are a group of people out there that are concerened that CVT engines are starting to make their way into aftermarket chassis. There are already a few out there now. With the way the rules are now it's basically open as to what can be done. Just think about a 90cc 2-fast in a Roberts/JB/Cobra chassis with all of the super lightweight titianium parts everyone is running now.

I guess I understand that but why not just make the class a "shifter" class with a hand clutch then? Don't put an age limit on the CVT because someone feels that kids should be on shifters by the time they are 13.. leave the classes as they were... 90 Auto Sr, 90 CVT Sr... why limit the age?
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    ALL OUT RACING
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Didn't they try some stupid mini rules in Texas? I heard that it almost ruined mini racing down there.
    When we started racing it was a 12-15 90 limited class. Now they can't be 15 on a CVT?!?!
    EXCUSE ME but I thought the sport was hurting and we need all the attendance we can get in any class.
    Ya know, I got to thinking. In years past when the PG was doing their yearly rule changes, Rich Hetrick was always in the heat of things helping them make GOOD class decisions. I didn't hear anything like that this year.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

I think more so the cvt class is under attack by our own parts dealers.the price to maintain these things is crazy!! one example a $20 spring that cost dealers $3. they are playin the shi- out of us but we roll with it cuz the kids love it.WE ALL KNOW THIS BUT HAD A LET IT OUT. now back to your thread, yes your right I believe the CVT is very important to a young or even older but new rider. without cvt these kids [ most kids] would not learn good racing skills. I seen fresh racers get on shifters ''cuz cheaper to maintain'' and look lost on the track! forcing a kid to do this as these new rules are doing so in time I think u will see less kids at that gate or unfortunately more kids getting hurt.

Denying a kid a clutch lever is just WRONG. A teenager on a CVT warrants a full investigation by the Child Protection Service.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo7706 View Post
    Denying a kid a clutch lever is just WRONG. A teenager on a CVT warrants a full investigation by the Child Protection Service.
    Now that's funny right there...
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    ALL OUT RACING

Quote Originally Posted by stevo7706 View Post
    Funny but true. Rediculous when the cvt rider is a foot taller than the announcer on the podium..and he just beat a track full of 8-10 yr olds. Cvt is way too expensive to race at nat level and especially in the rain/mud. It just gives a kid a crutch and holds them back in my opinion. How can an 8yr old dirtbike rider figure it out on a much faster machine but parents are afraid to let quad kid learn it?
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports
    RTR Performance Racing Engines

I believe clutching a 2 stroke around a motocross track should be a MANDATORY experience for a young quad racer. A rite of passage, so to speak. Could be the most challenging,rewarding and fun time in their racing career....even if they don't win

girls 12-15

IF they were going to change class rules should have been done when 2014 class rules where first let out.Not 60 days before gate drop.As far as CVT My girl is a late starter in racing,yes they need to go to a shifter quad but rule changes at this time of year is bull"""""". In any class"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast