Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rm 85 motor in a Raptor 125?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan #34's Dad View Post
    I'm sure that's what you'd do. I'd check to see if the swingarm bolt is too big or to small to fit in the hole in the back of the RM 1st. Then carefully line up the sprockets and mark your swinger for the section to be cut out. Give yourself a lil extra clearance so you can shim it with a washer to the left or right.
    I'd think that the further back the engine is the better it'd handle.
    Is the Raptor without the engine pretty light? I remember the Raptor 250 we had was REAL heavy in the back to pickup.

Looking at your pictures and where the pipe is now, It looks like when you take the motor back to the swingarm bolt...the pipe should clear the frame..
    Ya, the swinger bolt with the sleeve that the bolt runs through is def too big for the hole on the engine. I think if this position doesnt work i can get it far enough back to get the pipe to clear without going into the swing arm. we actually added an inch to the pipe where it goes into the motor where it is too get it to go around the front of the frame. I will just have to cut down the factory rear motor mounts on the frame, which I was trying to avoid doing originally.
    I've been watching some of Logans mod videos I believe, I cant wait for my son to get some time on his mod bike.
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50
    01 Seadoo Challenger 2000

bore or drill the hole in the engine, that's what I did. cut out the swing arm, cut a piece out of the pivot tube and made some bushings. works good. Hes been racing and riding it almost a year. I was going to mount the engine in front of the swing arm but didn't like the sprocket to pivot bolt relation and wanted to have correct chain tension.
    www.wesbolt.com
    www.atvriders.com
    RAGE ATV
    lonestarquadracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by jlhughes750 View Post
    bore or drill the hole in the engine, that's what I did. cut out the swing arm, cut a piece out of the pivot tube and made some bushings. works good. Hes been racing and riding it almost a year. I was going to mount the engine in front of the swing arm but didn't like the sprocket to pivot bolt relation and wanted to have correct chain tension.
    Thanks for the insight. If this set up doesn't work, then I will probably try that.
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50

We got version 2.0 back together. I moved the motor back and up as far as I could without going into the swingarm. It still sits about 3/4" forward of where the stock motor drive sprocket does, but I think it will work. I also raised it a little more than stock since the stock configuration eats up the plastic Guide on the swinger pivot so bad. I had an fmf pipe made to fit the new position also. It turned out great, but it didnt leave me room to mount the bigger yfz 450 radiator on the frame, so I had to mount it up front. Its ugly up there, but I really dont have any other options without using a smaller radiator. We put about a gallon of gas through it in the yard last night and so far so good. Def gonna need some seat time for my son to get used to the 2 stroke.
    Here is him riding it last night for about 30 seconds.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5X9Gn7ppo
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50

08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50

Got about 4 tanks of gas through it so far so good.

We also got to try out the Yamazuki for the first time here in the shifter class. Braden obviously wasn't comfortable on it yet, but at least it got broken in well and made it through the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJzBmRyVhiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGswo1b1Zk

08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50

Looking good. What did you use for radiator hose. Been wanting to reroute ours .
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy77 View Post
    Looking good. What did you use for radiator hose. Been wanting to reroute ours .
    Thanks. Now that it has stayed together after 3 full days of riding, I can start going over everything to make sure nothing is coming loose or rubbing in a bad way. I also wanna try the vertical louvers in front of the radiator that Can Ams use, or something like them. I think Vertical would work better in a muddy race at keeping the mud off the radiator.

I just ordered Yellow and Blue silicone hoses from GPI on Ebay. One kit for an RM85 and one kit for a Banshee since they front mount their radiators, the kits come with longer hoses.
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50

Thanks for the info. I was looking at some silicon hose that aren't p refabbed bends. Your suppose to be able to route them and make tight bends with them. We run a fluid dyne KX85 radiator with a CR85 motor in a pitster pro chassis . Seems to run plenty cool. The kx was the biggest bike radiator we could find.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy77 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was looking at some silicon hose that aren't p refabbed bends. Your suppose to be able to route them and make tight bends with them. We run a fluid dyne KX85 radiator with a CR85 motor in a pitster pro chassis . Seems to run plenty cool. The kx was the biggest bike radiator we could find.
    It's pretty flexable, but def run the smallest diameter you can, as they bend tighter before they start collapsing.
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast