Thread: Clutch set up DRR 90

Clutch set up DRR 90

Somebody throw a bone here, quick and dirty... race motocross smaller to mid size tracks, give me some setups.

gearing may be some of the hot ticket as coming out the corner faster may produce a faster lap time
    are you running the stock front vario?
    also pipe has some to do with clutch setup ?
    lay out what your working with and someone will get you up to speed

Yea the vari and clutch are stock as is the pipe. What kind of gearing are we talking and what parts do we need to get to the "sweet spot"?

with so many variables it takes time to hone a machine
    1st i would change the vario for a overange and different belt ,also a adjustable clutch will get you starting and exiting corners where your engine is making power
    new springs (clutch shoe) and (torsion) make a considerable difference from stock

honestly though find someone near you that KNOWS and work with them if possible ! would save money

we always ran an overdrive setup with either a 19/32 for shorter tracks with not too many long straightaway's or 19/28 for the bigger tracks.we also ran a 18x10x8 rear tire.i think at the very least you should put a different pipe on it and re-jet the carb.if you have the stock carb dump it and if the engine is totally stock you could safely run a 24-26mm carb.how much does the rider weigh?? your roller weights will vary based on weight.you also have to make sure your belt is traveling all the way up on the variators.take off the side cover and color the variators with sharpie pen then reassemble and do a few full throttle pulls.take cover off and see how far from the top of the variator the belt is traveling.we had ours tuned so it was less than 1/8'' from the edge.your roller weight will affect belt travel.too light and you won't get enough travel.you can also get a slightly wider belt to ride higher up on the variator.hope this helps.now I know why we moved to bikes !!!!!!! lol. ps: get rid of the factory oil injection and dual pull throttle cable and go to a single cable and mix your own fuel.your rider's thumb will appreciate this.we always used amsoil dominator

Wow you guys rock, lol. My rider weighs around 65 lbs and we run the exact mentioned rear tire size and he does complain about his thumb getting tired sometimes. We already pre mix so lots of good thoughts here. The pipe and rejet really make that much difference?

yes,the pipe and rejet make a HUGE difference.we've made the mistake of doing everything else and then adding a pipe last.it should've been the first thing we did.and once you add the power you need to address the clutching.do one thing at a time and be patient with the clutching.fomospede is right on too.it's a lot of trial and error.i'll pm you some tips for maintainance too

Ok so the pipe is a must. What pipe do you guys recommend?

i hear trackside or pcs ,for a stock cyl i wouldnt go hi end

A mach-1 or Max Rpm pipe is what i would go with.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION