Thread: Pvl ignitions

Pvl ignitions

Malossi or stage6 for a 50 cc mhr ...... What's better. ? And why

we ran a malossi for 2 yrs Hot Quads said that the curve was better on the S6 so we changed ,but honestly maybe a dyno could see the difference ,id run the malossi the manual has the correct timing for your cyl . 1 guy here saying S6 is better gets trumped by a group of engineers my .02!!

Quote Originally Posted by fomospede View Post
    we ran a malossi for 2 yrs Hot Quads said that the curve was better on the S6 so we changed ,but honestly maybe a dyno could see the difference ,id run the malossi the manual has the correct timing for your cyl . 1 guy here saying S6 is better gets trumped by a group of engineers my .02!!
    We have them both and prefer the Stage 6, malossi has failed twice. The malossi is running good now and would sell it for 200 bucks if you want it.

I have heard of several malossi failures and if the stage 6 fails you most likely find parts for it from a fellow racer before you would find malossi parts.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

Malossi is a Selettra ignition from Italy and Stage 6 (PVL) is German........

We have two Stage 6 ignitions that have been run for four years each in GNCC and regional harescramble events with zero failures

Have seen two Malossi failures and no indication what went wrong

Tim, I have used the same Stage 6 ignition on Seth's quad since it was a stock 50, back 2009. I have 0 complaints, it works great and has been super reliable for us.
    2013 NEATV-MX 3rd place 70cc championship
    #822 Seth "Rockstar" Reese

APEX, ATLAS NECKBRACE, ANSWER RACING, EVS, ATV FOURPLAY, DWT, MALOSSI, KLOTZ, ELKA SUSPENSION & DRT MOTORSPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by redonkulousruntsracing View Post
    Tim, I have used the same Stage 6 ignition on Seth's quad since it was a stock 50, back 2009. I have 0 complaints, it works great and has been super reliable for us.
    Hey Brandon .
    Yea thats what i was thinking .We run a stage 6 on alex's mod and have had zero problems . This years build i was talked into a malossi and it just didnt sit right with me. Gonna use the stage 6.... Malossi for sale... anyone?

FYI Just saw this today, Stage-6 PVL is on sale for 399 at Hot Quads(334-705-
    0084) , thats a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by asadad00 View Post
    FYI Just saw this today, Stage-6 PVL is on sale for 399 at Hot Quads(334-705-
    0084) , thats a great price.
    Thanks for the info I brought one from Marc already that comment about" it's not fair "is from me on Facebook LOL