Thread: TRX90 Swingarm Swap

TRX90 Swingarm Swap

Looking at swapping the swinger on my son's 2000. I heard that a ATC200x swinger and axle fits with little mods and have seen a custom swinger built with a 300ex carrier and axle. But My question is, we will be keeping the stock motor for a while and was wondering about the front sprocket. The 90 has a 428 chain and the other bikes have 520s I believe. Just trying to figure out the chain issue before I start gathering parts and chopping stuff up.

Not sure how the 200x swinger fits but you can call Rebel Sprocket and have them make a rear sprocket for the 200x in a 428 pitch. If I recall a "custom" rear sprocket is resonable, like $40-50ish. You may get lucky though, we run a 400ex axle in our long travel set up and the stock trx90 sprocket bolts right on, just got to machine sprocket for the tapered bolts.

BTW, the 200x swinger will prob work out, we modded a different Honda ATC swinger on one of our other TRX90's and it worked good. Wasnt a garage project though, glad my father is a machinist...lol
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

Thanks for the input.....hoping to do this mod soon. I will check out Rebel Sprockets too
    2000 Honda TRX90

1999 Honda TRX300ex

2014 Honda Rancher IRS 4x4