Thread: Overange vs standard

Overange vs standard

Will changing over to an overange setup Require a different roller weight I know the size or the rollers are different , but if the engines operating rpm is dictated by roller weight wouldn't it stay the same? Ultimately I'm going to do timed runs but need some input first .

You might have to move up a 1/4 to 1/2 gram or so.You have more distance to cover and with the standard set-up you could be running less weight to keep it from running out the top side of the pulleys.Now that you will have more pulley you will run more weight for more top end.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

If you are talking about your 50's Tim, I wouldnt recommend an overrange. A 50 just doesnt have the grunt to effectively put an overrange setup to its full potential. I'm sure some one will tell you that they did it, but I wanted to use one in our 50 mod and both of my engine builders told me to save my cash.
    2013 NEATV-MX 3rd place 70cc championship
    #822 Seth "Rockstar" Reese

APEX, ATLAS NECKBRACE, ANSWER RACING, EVS, ATV FOURPLAY, DWT, MALOSSI, KLOTZ, ELKA SUSPENSION & DRT MOTORSPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by redonkulousruntsracing View Post
    If you are talking about your 50's Tim, I wouldnt recommend an overrange. A 50 just doesnt have the grunt to effectively put an overrange setup to its full potential. I'm sure some one will tell you that they did it, but I wanted to use one in our 50 mod and both of my engine builders told me to save my cash.

Hey Brandon ,

That's exactly what I want to do on the mod. I'm building a molossi mhr motor and they automatically tell you to use the overrange set up. That's why I'm questioning it. As of now the mod motor we were running really nothing special , and it was wearing out the variators Grooving and making them wavy Went through 3 this season. Just don't know .

On a 50 i agree.No over range.Save your cash or spend it else where.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION