Thread: Front shock spring weight

Front shock spring weight

Hi

Looking to get a set of front shocks for my typhoon and was wondering what weight shock springs i should be looking for? I've already upgraded the rear one to a DNM shock with a 350lbs spring and its perfect for me.

how much do you weigh? what type of riding are you going to be doing? what is your physical size? those are all needed things to understand before you can get shocks. also the stock shocks are not designed to work with an adult. so the valving is incorrect for you, if you are an adult or adult sized.

I'm 22, 5'10, 82kg and will mainly be doing trails riding with some jumps. The front stock shocks don't seem to bottom out much (after turning the pre-load adjusters all the way down) but i find them too 'bouncy' and the quad dives too much under hard braking.

well truth be told these are "mini" quads, not designed for an adult to ride them. you should be riding a raptor250 or larger sized bike. if your determined to make this work, your defiantly going to have to change the front and rear shocks. if not you not only ruin the stock shocks, but also will eventually cause frame or other component failure. again remember these are designed for kids not adults.
    you can order heavier duty shocks with bigger springs off ebay. rears are usually $35-$65 and cheapo front set will run around $70-$120 shipped.