Thread: directions and pictures for jetting carb

Talking directions and pictures for jetting carb

a few weeks back someone on here posted pictures and directions for jetting a carb. could someone tell me how to find them again or maybe post them again. please help

..that's sad...what do you want to rejet? main pilot needle? on what carb? i/we can help believe it or not without pictures
    ahhhh way to much pressure

jets

i am going to put in a 42 pilot and a 158 or 160 main it is a stock carb
    Last edited by 1fast400ex; 03-19-2003 at 01:45 PM.

400EX
    --AC Pro Pegs, PRM swingarm, a-arm, and belly skidplates, Moose clutch lever & Perch on TAG X5 Handlebars, PB blockoff, K&N filter w/outerware, DynoJet Kit(160M 42P),EHS airbox lid, Pro-Circuit T-4 exhaust (complete), Holeshot HD's on ITP T-9 pro series all around, factory effex all grip seat cover, SRP Case Saver

you dont needa take the carb all out if your just doing the main and pilot, just remove the bowl(fuel is off ofcourse)
    ahhhh way to much pressure

jetting

do u just loosen the carb and turn it up so u can get to the bowl??

I would take the carb out, when ya get good at it you can do it when its still on the quad, but I still take mine out and I've had it apart 5 times now. If ya dont take it out its really easy to strip the screws. JMO.
    2002 Yellow Honda 416EX!

2002 Yellow 416EX mods:
    JE 10.8:1 416 kit, Hotcams stage 2, White Brothers E- Series slip on, 155 main jet and 42 pilot, no choke, Curtis Sparks air filter, No airbox lid, Ground welds on headpipe, Renthal bars w/ full diamond grips, White Brothers front bumper, PRM skid plate, and Black Shockwears.

Comming Attractions:
    Elka Triplerates, 39 FCR carb, Head port and polish.

I hate the screws on the carb!! seems like I always strip one here or there!!!
    I'LL be back in '07 ready to roll!!!

District 18 #331

AOL=longlivelasek

thanks for the advice

thanks to everyone for the help. i installed the jets saturday seems to have helped alot. the bike seems to idle alot slower. do i need to adjust the air or fuel screws any thought i took care of the slow idle. also if anyone has any tips to get more bottom end speed let me know. i am getting into dirt drag racing heavier this year and would like to do some cheap mods. i already have the header and pipe, jets and k&n filter and lowered the front with shorter shocks and a new shock is on the way for the back.