Thread: John Deere Banner

Cool John Deere Banner

I hate that god damn John Deere banner at the top of the page.....

Dear John Deere, stop make annoying ads. Customers don't like pop ups or roll overs. Stop it.

That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Meat View Post
    I hate that god damn John Deere banner at the top of the page.....

Dear John Deere, stop make annoying ads. Customers don't like pop ups or roll overs. Stop it.

That is all...
    Agreed!!! I once spent 2 minutes fighting that ad to try and get on the forums. I couldn't figure out what I was doing, but I was just barely hitting the corner of the ad each time, silly me

i'll say it's a huge pain. i've mastered going around it, but that ad puts a whole new description to annoying advertising.

Ive been on and off the site a lot since last night and this morning and i havent had it pop up yet. Now last week it did but it is a serious pain.
    CURRENT RIDE:
    1986 trx250r, lsr swingarm, works shocks front and rear, and just a tad bit of motor work

2007 ltr450: gone but never will be forgotten

I completely agree, however don't feel it's going anyone where as long as the coin is coming in. Perhaps the "rollover" option could be disabled. It's a PITA.
    2001 Laeger ProTrax CRF450R eFI
    2000 Laeger ProX 265PV

I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to start a thread on it, I agree that thing sucks!!!!!!!!!!! Disable the rollover!!!!!
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 Buff Daddy, D15, Indiana MX Champ
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ
    '12 Indiana State Champ 70cc Prod and 90cc Stock
    WWW.JOSHUAGRAHAMRACING.COM

TRX310R

Wink

I totally realize this is a "first world problem" and I didn't think I'd get anyone to agree with me ! My story. I was here the another morning reading the forum and my pointer went over the JD banner and for the 158th time in my life the SOB opens up and starts automatically playing its little commercial, while in another browser tab I had a YouTube video playing music. So... the banner expands into this mega-banner and the commercial is now competing with my YT video for audio.... so after 3 seconds of trying to comprehend wtf just happened, I frantically search for another 3 full seconds to eventually find the purposefully hidden, well camouflaged "close" button for the JD mega-banner. Thats a whole 6 seconds of my life that are gone, gone in a tornado of sudden confusion and dueling audio streams. Now figure I've done this about 158 times.... multiply that by 6 seconds and you get.... uh... 948 seconds I've lost

Quote Originally Posted by 400man View Post
    Agreed!!! I once spent 2 minutes fighting that ad to try and get on the forums. I couldn't figure out what I was doing, silly me
    LOL, thats great. Iv'e been there man... I've been there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001400exrida View Post
    that ad puts a whole new description to annoying advertising.
    I'd like to hear the advertising companies opinion on this ad. Its seems like no one would enjoy this type of commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by mineralgrey01gt View Post
    Ive been on and off the site a lot since last night and this morning and i havent had it pop up yet. Now last week it did but it is a serious pain.
    I know right.... its like it comes and goes. Just when you start to remember to avoid the banner and where the hidden "close" button is at, the ad disappears for 2 weeks only to show up one day and scare the shiit outta ya.