I posted an ad in the Wanted section for a good used steering stabilizer for my sons 400ex. http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthr...ing-stabilizer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a good used stick style steering stabilizer for my kids 400ex. Not looking for one that needs rebuilt, but rather a good "useable today" one.

If you have one youd like to sell, either post a picture, price and contact here............a link to one that you have for sale with a picture..... or ......... email me this information directly. hershberger.family@comcast.net.

You must take paypal and the item must be ready to ship and you are ready to ship it within 48 hours of payment. If it's still on your bike, take it off and find a box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very clear what I wanted and how I wanted the transaction to take place.

Ethan DiFalco (ethan450r) of Ada Oklahoma responded with one for sale.

He sent me a cell phone (580-235-3507) pic of the item. I questioned the item and asked about the adjustment knob that appeared to be missing. The item looked similar to the one that I have on my bike but without the knob. He assured me that it was perfect but just a lil dirty.

I agreed to his price of $51.50 ($40 for the item, $10 shipping & $1.50 paypal fees) shipped and I paid him via Paypal with immediate funds (funds on deposit, so no transfer from checking) the same day. August 26th (Monday). He stated on that day "You want Im going to post office now and ill ship". Im thinking "great, Ill get it quicker then expected"

I wanted the item shipped within 48 hours of receipt of payment. (no later then Wednesday, August 28th).

On the 28th I started texting him for shipment info (tracking number). He replied and said that he didnt have internet at work and would have to obtain that info when he got home. Mind you he has an iphone with built in internet. So I agreed to wait til later that day to receive the info.

Then on August 30th (2 days later) I again text him for the tracking number, no reply
Then again on September 1st and 2nd.....no reply.

Mind you, if he had shipped it on Monday, even using the slowest freight possible, it would have already arrived to me by that Saturday the 31st.

He finally replied and said "no I dont, they said they would email it but I never got it"

He then said he didnt ship it til the 27th (Lie #1)

On Tuesday of this week I text him and said that if it didnt arrive by that day I would file a claim with paypal for a refund.

Then he stated that it didnt fit in standard shipping box (Lie #2) (see below) and cost him $13.81 to ship (Lie #3) (see postage amount on package) and provided a tracking number (that at the time didnt work at USPS...later we find out why)

He stated that he actually didnt ship it until the 31st (Lie #4) Look closely at the postage date. He actually shipped it that day (September 3rd) in a used USPS standard shipping box

At this point I smelled the inconsistencies brewing and filed a complaint with paypal for the refund of my money. Come to find out, even before he actually paid to ship it to me.

Today the package arrives. In it is a steering stabilizer. Sure enough, the end of the rod is either broke off or was sawed off and someone ground on it in an attempt to repair it. (Lie #5) Here is a video

I have shared this information Ethan via text messages and his responses have included all kinds of profanity and he denies that anything is missing or altered.

This has got to one of the worst transactions I have ever had here on Exriders in the almost 10 years I have been here.

If any of you would like to see the entire chain of text messages between us, Here is a link to all of them that I have posted on my photobucket account. You may need the password EXRIDERS to access them

http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/Or...than%20DiFalco