Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a Rear Axle

Need a Rear Axle

We need a stock rear axle if any one has one . You can also call or text me 618-975-7303 Thanks Brian
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

i have one that i an not going to use. it has some scuffs from where the bearing went bad, but still useable. let me know if you want it. i'll send ya some pics.
    i have have a rear swing arm and some other stuff.

Shoot me some pics and what you want for the axle. Going to have another aluminum one made but my guy can't get to it for a month or So. Need to get something in it So I can at least get it off the lift and roll it around.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice

$50+ shipping. i'll have to get ya some pics this weekend.
    email me. i'll pm you my email and cell#

btw, $50 is what I paid for it, so just getting me $ back is all.

Im going to pass on the axle. Worked some major overtime the last week. So I bit the bullet and had the machine shop build a new aluminum one. I apreciate the offer. $50 bucks is a lot better than the $500 the new one is going to cost, but the weight savings is tremendous. Not sure my hobby machinist would of been any cheaper and he is backed up at least a month.

let me knwo how that alloy one goes. I have heard some of the gokart axles will fit. would have to take it to one of the karting shops and compair.

I looked at the cart ones and the wall thickness is too thin. This one is almost 3/8 " wall thickness it appeared to have a wobble but after disassemble the bearing races dug into the axle and I think that is what caused the wobble. Nothing you can do about that. This axle has about 4 years of pretty hard flat track racing on it. Don't really know how Well it would hold up to hard core MX racing.

the ones kart ones i am thinking of trying are chromoly ones. it is a much stronger metal thus made thinner to save weight. if you can find one, it should be good. your right about the flat track vs. mx stuff. i bet you could even have a machine shop take a slightly thicker chromoly one and cut to fit and weld in the keys so it is set to be used. (never understood the need for removable keys when the keys are the last thing that come off the axle. LOL silly engineers) i would say you would probably be into it for about $200 machines, but should work good when done. if it saves 1/2 the weight, then it's worth it! i have also started toying with the idea of doing up a rear swinger that uses the raptor 125/250 rear assembly. That would allow for so much more adjustment and parts!! i really am leaning to this. I would probably use chromoly to make it stronger and lighter than stock.

if I do make one, anyone here wanna buy in on having more made? remember this will just be the swinger that will allow you to run a raptor 125/250 rear assembly on the xtreme bikes. i will give you info on what bearings and where to get them for the swing arm bolt. Oh yea i forgot to mention that. I will also be looking into some serious heavy duty swing arm bolt bearings so it will be smooth and solid. none of that bushing wobble crap like we have now..

Also make sure you set it up to run a longer shock. Like a 15" eye to eye to gave you more travel. I made a few of them out of a stock swingarm. I copied what Ride1Rob built. Works Well but the Xtreme is still limited on all around suspension. Thats why we switch to Pitster Pros for MX. Chromoly frame,ATV Fourplay suspension which is all chromoly . 10" of wheel travel all four wheels. It's a really nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy77 View Post
    Also make sure you set it up to run a longer shock. Like a 15" eye to eye to gave you more travel. I made a few of them out of a stock swingarm. I copied what Ride1Rob built. Works Well but the Xtreme is still limited on all around suspension. Thats why we switch to Pitster Pros for MX. Chromoly frame,ATV Fourplay suspension which is all chromoly . 10" of wheel travel all four wheels. It's a really nice setup.
    hrmm, i'll have to check that out. maybe use their framing and go from there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast