Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i build, customize and race these quads

looks totally sweet man! give details. is the frame custom? those long travel a-arms where did ya get them? whom did ya sell it too? maybe they want to sell it to me

actually I am about to go the custom route. I am going to be using the body and some basic designs and some of the steering stuff, but the rest of the bike is going to be custom made. I am going to redo it as a true quad frame and use chromyl. I want to make it 2" taller so I could stuff a 250cc in there at some point when he is ready to fo to the 250 class. making it 2" taller and making it a real atv frame instead of a modified pit bike one will make that happen. I also have been toying around with getting an alloy pit bike frame and winger and modifying them and making the ATV section all alloy as well, but not sure how well alloy will hold up. any thoughts?

The frame for this bike is one of the strongest you can get in a mini. The issue is at the rear behind the footpeg area. A solid brace like you have takes care of that issue. The frame is probably a bit too heavy tho due to it's design and the thick bar in the middle. We put A LOT of R&D into the Typhoon we had. Went from being smashed by 2fasts to outruning them and parents complaining lol. We got out of quads and went to bikes because of all the drama that surrounds quad parents. As far as the arms we found a builder in Oregon that was excited to work with us. Those arms were some damn good arms and a lot of others wanted them but there were issues with the builder keeping up with the orders and I think it pretty much fizzled out.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

dang! yea i need them arms! i do plan on building a new frame myself and using just some of the parts from this. it will not have 1 big bar at the top but more of a true quad with 2 smaller tubes for the top. it will be a true 1 piece as well. if i can get those arms that would save a ton of time, if not i'll have to look at arms from different bikes and sue an existing one to get what I need.
    my other idea was to get a DRR/Apex roller and redo the mounts to take a chiense engine and redo the rear to use a raptor 125/250 rear assemble. what do you think if that idea?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12