Thread: Seat cover installation??

Seat cover installation??

I just bought I new CEET seat cover for my 400EX. I have never put one of these on before. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips that I could use to put mine on? Thanks for any help

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    Yeah, take it to someone that reapolsters things. There is a place in a town nearby that reapolsters chairs and furniture, and that's where some of my friend took theirs. They did a really good job.
    Retired --- For Now

Exclamation

You can do this yourself, it's pretty easy. I've done this twice(put a one industries cover on my 400EX then took the stock FOURTRAX cover,(99 model) and put it on my 250R. Anyway pull the old staples out with a screwdriver and put your new cover in the dryer for a little while. they stretch better warm. Get out your staple gun and find some staples similar in length to the ones you just pulled out. I found it easier to start near the back and put 3 or 4 staples along the side and then move to the other side. The rest is simple. Just take your time and make sure all the letters look straight.

it would be alot less of a headache to take it to a apolstury(however u spell it) shop and get them to do it i mean it wont cost much and no offense but prob. will do a better job on it and it dont cost much
    Originally posted by Smokin 440
    Yeah special ed kid in my outdoor skills class, wanna beat him to a pulp, it's supposed to be a fun slacker class not listen to a fricken kid sqeal like a pig and say sfgnkerskgcandy barlgolhs

2007 Honda Rancher- 28" Mud lights on SS wheels, 2" lift
    1999 Bayliner Capri Ski Boat

I just bought a new Ceet cover also was going to do it myself, but you really need an electric or air stapler gun. I ended up taking it to an apolster shop and they charged me $22.00 to do it.
    Little pricey I thought but it dose look goodand if there were any problems with it down the road they will fix it for free.
    2001 Yellow 400 EX Loaded - SOLD

2003 Yellow LTZ 400 Loaded

2005 Green KFX 700 Semi Loaded

save yourself some frustration and take it to your local upholstery shop and have them do it for a small fee or you could try your local motorcycle shop but they might charge a little more.

Putting a seat cover on can be a real b@#$%. I was trying to put my Factory Effex cover on and it was rough. When I got it on good i went and put it on the bike and the seat bends up when u put it on so It has wrinkles when its on the bike. I gave up and took it to the upholstery shop and they charged me $20.

Hey guys thanks for all your help. I never thought about taking it to a upholstery shop. I did the other day and they only charged me $10 and it looks awsome.