Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 fast vs rt ' 70'

2 fast vs rt ' 70'

want to know how this motor really performed this year OR DID EVERYONE just jump on the bandwagon and buy it !DO U THINK IT REALLY OUT PERFORMED THE RT ON THE TRACK? EVERY RACERS PARENTS WANTS THE BEST FOR THEIR KID BUT IS THIS WORTH IT? WAS THEIR ANY RT AT THE NATS THIS YEAR TO EVEN COMPARE? I DONT CARE WHAT THE DYNO SAYS CUZ THE DYNO AINT THE TRACK! DOES ANYONE HAVE SAVED LAP TIMES FROM LATE LAST YEAR TO COMPARE TO THE 2 FAST? LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bone1980 View Post
    want to know how this motor really performed this year OR DID EVERYONE just jump on the bandwagon and buy it !DO U THINK IT REALLY OUT PERFORMED THE RT ON THE TRACK? EVERY RACERS PARENTS WANTS THE BEST FOR THEIR KID BUT IS THIS WORTH IT? WAS THEIR ANY RT AT THE NATS THIS YEAR TO EVEN COMPARE? I DONT CARE WHAT THE DYNO SAYS CUZ THE DYNO AINT THE TRACK! DOES ANYONE HAVE SAVED LAP TIMES FROM LATE LAST YEAR TO COMPARE TO THE 2 FAST? LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The ones that can properly answer your question wont........But it is as fast as advertised depending on who built it, and how its setup. Jetting,clutching, etc.........
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

Also keep in mind that these guys that are going to Nat's and are lightning fast are spending hours upon hours setting these bikes up and trying different clutching combo's and jetting, and gearing. It has a lot to do with who you pick to spend the money with and build the motor......If you pick a good one, they will give you the tech advice on how to pull the most out of it........
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

i have spent hours with the 70 2fast both tuning and watching it race
    it still depends on rider between the hi end parts
    riders have good and bad days period
    save money and get more ride time may equal any power gain
    the rt has more work for the builder
    the 2 fast is power out of the box with out all the little pieces
    as for dependability the 2 fast has seen hour long races and have had zero failures due to quality

to those who didn't comment I completely
    understand 100% but to us as' kids' parents should not let dealers play us with 100.00$ per horse
    power.this or next year their will be another cyl. out for a few houndred more. and us as parents will mostly buy it ' me included ' think about it do u see 250 - 450cc price difference going up no!!!!!!!! lets keep it real were not all money makers these days! lets hear it!!!!! to the 2 of u did give feed back thank u .

to those who didn't comment I completely
    understand 100% but to us as' kids' parents should not let dealers play us with 100.00$ per horse
    power.this or next year their will be another cyl. out for a few houndred more. and us as parents will mostly buy it ' me included ' think about it do u see 250 - 450cc price difference going up no!!!!!!!! lets keep it real were not all money makers these days! lets hear it!!!!! to the 2 of u did give feed back thank u .
    Why do you think that 70cvt class didn't have a full gate this year compared to last $$$$$$????
    Joshua Graham (my son)
    '11 Buff Daddy, D15, Indiana MX Champ
    '11 MWXC 70cc Champ
    '12 Indiana State Champ 70cc Prod and 90cc Stock
    WWW.JOSHUAGRAHAMRACING.COM

TRX310R

rt70 vs 2 fast 90

With 2 rounds remaining in the EDT National series a rider on a RT70 built by Wayne Haggerty is the leader in points followed by a very close 2nd of a rider on a well known builder riding an apex with a 2 Fast 90 in the 70-90cc class. Both riders are very good riders and both machines are very fast. Lap times are pretty close where the only real difference might be on the very large tracks and straightaways where the 90 might have a little more pull at the end of the straightaway but that is talking about straightaways like at Ashtabula which are not that common. In EDT or TT racing versus MX Horsepower is really easier to see in the need to get the rider out front quickly where the holeshot might play a much bigger factor. The 90cc Too fast seemed to be a little faster out of the gate but the rt70 would catch with no problem after it was in the power range which gearing might of had a big play into that also. I know Wayne's motor also did very well in MX as it won a National title there also and I believe that might be the same motor running in the chassis in the EDT series now. Not sure how the MX class is set up if it is 70-90cc or 71-90cc but I have watched a 70cc RT compete very well in the 90cc class and another rt70cc built by wayne did very good in the 90cc mod class which has cr motors and cvts' alike in it also in the EDT series finishing in the top 5 I believe with another rider. Like stated there is a lot of work and detail that went into these rt70 motors that I am speaking of. I always look at which motor also will give your child the most opportunity to compete in different classes. A rt could give you a 70cc or 90cc class. Neither motor to build is cheap but going to a reputable builder for set up might take out the question marks of what works and what does not. Hope this helps and answers your question. I am just thankful we are on a 300ex versus a cvt as racing got a lot cheaper this year. lol

thanks to those who did reply to those who did not I believe the secret is in the rider and not this over priced cyl.!!

riders win races and Horsepower wins holeshots, if you have a driver that is good enough to win from a mid pack start then you do not need the 2fast. as for my rider and our competition if he is not top 5 around the first corner then its a hard race to win.

As an R/T 70 owner, we spent the whole season running the NEATV-MX series and chasing 2 kids with 2 fast 70's. All 3 boys are excellent riders and finished 1,2,3 in the championship points in the 70 class. On the hole shot our R/T 70 wold get beat by a quad length pretty consistently. My son would make up ground on the 2 Fast's in the corners and technical parts of the track, but when a long straight was involved, the 2 fast would again stretch out any ground he made up in the corners. We won a few motos, came in second a few times and third for the most part. The 2 fast's advantage is in the upper RPM's, it out guns a R/T in that aspect. That is why I have my R/T engine up for sale and will be switching over to the 2 Fast 70 next season. That being said both the R/T 70 and the 2 Fast 70 ran exceptionally well in the 90 auto class. Both of the kids with the 2 Fast 70's also had the 89.9cc 2 Fast 90's and the 70's would win motos over the 90's race after race, even my R/T 70 gave the 90's a hard time. All of these comparisons have top notch riders, mechanics and equipment. In practice, we would often switch riders and the out come would be he same. Hope this helps. By the way, ant one interested in a R/T 70, lol????
    2013 NEATV-MX 3rd place 70cc championship
    #822 Seth "Rockstar" Reese

APEX, ATLAS NECKBRACE, ANSWER RACING, EVS, ATV FOURPLAY, DWT, MALOSSI, KLOTZ, ELKA SUSPENSION & DRT MOTORSPORTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast