We have a 2006er that we converted to a kicker, a buddy of mine simplified the wiring harness for me, but accidentally misplaced my CDI box while doing the harness, so I figured no biggie I will just get another one on ebay, so I did. Oh boy, not that simple, got the one from ebay and quad would fire but not start, it starts but immediately dies, so I quess you would say just fires, anyway, figured I got a bad CDI so I took it to my buddys house we put his CDI on our bike and it fired right up first kick, so ok bad CDI, so I get another, same thing, I now have 6 cdi boxes, all Denso's 071000-3460, 071000-3051, and 071000-3131 and none of them will work, they all do the same thing. Now the CDI that was on my buddys was red not black Denso, but no numbers or markings, so I have no clue what his is. Has anybody else ran into this problem and if so, what the He** did you do to solve it? A local engine builder said he ran into it once also and it was on an 06 as well, he just kept swaping CDI boxes till he found one that worked but Im up to 6 now with no luck, I am going to go in the poor house buying CDI's, LOL......Any Suggestions?????????

Thanks
Kevin Smitley