Thread: New to racing

New to racing

I am looking into racing gncc my friend has raced for a while now and has talked me into it but the thing I was wanting to know is what class I would be racing I am 15 and I have a 2005 400ex im not trying to sound like the kid that thinks he is the best at everything but I would say that im a pretty good rider I ride with all of my friends that race and I can keep right there with them and they are all around 18-20 and ride 450s

and another thing is what all mods should I do to my bike I have worked all summer so I have about $1500 to put into my bike and im going to get fox floats for $675 just like their base model shocks because they are the closest to my price range and then one of my friends that I know is going to put a stage 2 hotcam and a j&e 426 bore kit in
    I already have the following mods done to my bike
    houser +2 a arms
    itp gnccs front and rear
    itp Baja wheels front and rear
    blingstar iron cross front bumper
    custom rear grab bar that's lower so its eaiser so pick up out of ruts and stuff since im only 5'9"
    cobra full body skidplates front and rear
    Bills racing exhaust just a slip on I was told that they make the most power for Hondas but idk if that's true
    nerf bars
    powermadd hand guards

and that's all of the major stuff that I have done if anyone can recommend some other mods that ill need im getting a tether cord kill switch so that's not a problem I practice ride the gncc course every day because I live about 200 yards from powerline park that's on the racing circuit and I am good family friends with the owner so my practice time is not limited any tips comments and suggestions will be appreciated

Welcome to xc racing! Your machine sounds like its ready to race, don't worry about spending a ton of money on it until you try a few races and see if you like it. If you want a good practice race and your that close to Powerline Park. The AWRCS is racing there on July 27th. Its a great series ,great tracks and very helpful people that will answer any question you have. Your best bet on class at your age on a 400ex would be the sport class -all machines are 400cc or less. If you decide to come out and race the 27th, come find me at the track. I also run an older 400ex, red #484 on it.
    AWRCS #484 QXC Senior class - yeah i'm old but i can still ride!

2000 400ex , dg pipe , k&n , ac nerfs and front bumper , burgard +2+1 a-arms, armidillo rear skid , rock beadlocks all around , kenda klaw xc's front and rear , 450r front shocks , GT Thunder front and rear springs and xc link , tusk braided front brake lines and clamps , moose case saver , streamline steering stabilizer , renthal bars , much more to come!

I was talking to my friend and he said you have to be a member or something like that to race the race on the 27th also I have a few new questions
    How are the Fox Floats for gncc racing
    Would a steering stabilizer be a good thing to buy
    Can I still run the sport 15+ class if I bore my bike to a 426
    Can I still run the sport 15+ class with the stock bore and a stage 2 cam

No membership needed for AWRCS. If your under 18 you will need a parent there with you to be able to race. Fox floats should be just fine for xc racing if they are set up properly. A steering stabilizer is good but not needed to try a race. Most likely the over bored 400 will be just fine as well as the other mods that you mentioned.

2000 400ex , dg pipe , k&n , ac nerfs and front bumper , burgard +2+1 a-arms, armidillo rear skid , rock beadlocks all around , kenda klaw xc's front and rear , 450r front shocks , GT Thunder front and rear springs and xc link , tusk braided front brake lines and clamps , moose case saver , streamline steering stabilizer , renthal bars , much more to come!

But will I still be able to run a class with a 400cc limit or will I have to run a mod class since my bike would technically be a 426

I doubt anyone would ever ask or care. The machine started life as a 400 and still has the original engine cases I assume, it will fine

Ok then that's what I'm probably going to do