Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFI Discussion

EFI Discussion

In the breathe of fresh air thread there was some good discussions on EFI that got barried. Anyway, I got a response from the guys at Ecotrons, I thought I would share:

Hi, Troy,

Sorry for a late reply, I was on travelling recently.

Yes, our 2 stroke EFI kit works for large ones, like 500cc. We have
    many customers done conversino on Honda CR500, KX500; etc.

We recommend to use 45mm TB or 50mm TB , and 2 injectors to run this
    motor. at high speed.

The lambda sensor can be wideband kit , ALM, for tuning purpose. Not
    a problem. After tuning, you can remove it.

The tuning software is full of features and you can do what ever you want.

thx, Matt
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

IF I get my motor sorted out, I think I'm going to give it a try.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)

this sounds like a viable alternative to the mikini, kehin, lectron and smart carbs. i have yet to find a carb that is reliable. my lectron is easy to tune but it constantly gets air-locks and will begin to spill fuel from the overflows. the owner of lectron wont accept there is an issue.

john
    If you can't modify it why have it???

What is the ball park cost of a system like this?
    87 250R ESR330PV 5mil TRX5

the way I read is 400 bucks, or 700 depending on the system you buy... cheaper than a smart carb... LOL!

http://www.ecotrons.com/2_Stroke_Sma...e_EFI_kit.html

This is the kit I was looking at, but by the sounds of it the 2 stroke kit with the larger throttle body is the one we want. I'd ask them before buying anything though.

http://www.ecotrons.com/400cc_to_800...e_EFI_kit.html

Quote Originally Posted by troybilt View Post
    This is the kit I was looking at, but by the sounds of it the 2 stroke kit with the larger throttle body is the one we want. I'd ask them before buying anything though.

http://www.ecotrons.com/400cc_to_800...e_EFI_kit.html
    I can't wait until aftermarket figures out 2 stroke EFI.

Also , I didn't want to say anything, but 2 stroke snowmobiles have been using EFI to get 160HP out of a 800CC 10K mile+ motor for a while now, running at(i believe) a equivalent ratio of 60:1! Thats equivalent to getting 60HP out of a 300CC engine, while getting far better fuel and oil efficiency and no more jets! This doesn't sound "useless" or "pointless" to me.

Oh, and I'll take two!
    Last edited by Uns; 07-03-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Fuel:oil ratio incorrect

Are the snowmobile EFI systems you speal of DI or throttle body injection? I'd love to figure out how to do a DI system!! That would be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by troybilt View Post
    Are the snowmobile EFI systems you speal of DI or throttle body injection? I'd love to figure out how to do a DI system!! That would be killer.
    All of that stuff is DI. I know you are looking into throttle body, but DI goodness is obviously not impossible. They figured it out and made amazing engines that the EPA are allowing in snowmobiles. Doesn't seem like to big of a leap to have it in performance ATVs.

Here's a good article: http://www.sae.org/mags/AEI/POWER/8157

Troy, I have never run efi. But I did see John Stallworth with a pro-x 350 setup on efi at little sahara. It has been a few years ago. He used to run a banshee at pikes peak with efi. Might be worth picking his brain a little.

http://bigboremotors.com/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast