Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trx 90 mod engine suggestions for 90 2s/125 4s class

trx 90 mod engine suggestions for 90 2s/125 4s class

Ok, I picked up a decked out trx chassis and need to do something for an engine. I was going to two stroke it for a play bike for my girlfriend and later on build a new chassis for a 150R, but my buddies middle boy is becoming interested in quads and this is the closest $$ wise to ready to race. His two brothers already are on 4 wheels one on a apex shifter (awesome bike) and the other on a 125 raptor Good bike but a Dud in it the power dept.

So I need a LEGAL engine for this trx, are the 114 tbolt's good enough to run with the raptors the 125 just cant take the HEAT form what I see literally they over heat in the woods BTW were running hare scrambles and XC. I have seen a Scott Cain 125 bike it s fast but rarely finishes a race together. I need something semi reliable I understand the nature of the beast ( I ride a lt500 engine in a 250 chassis).

Thoughts good and bad, suggestions

The 114 kits are good. Ours ran toe to toe with many built raptors running XC a few years ago. I would say the raptors are getting faster and faster since though. A well built Honda 125 (like Scott Cain's) will run right there if youve got a chassis and rider to match. SCR builds his for MX, dont need that kind of power for XC. Can you go with a manual clutch? If so, that opens a lot of doors for reliable 125's
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

Ya, I can run a Clutch for sure. Is there a one down conversion for the trannies on them? I wish Hybrids/super minis were legal really that what a Cobra and Apex are. And truthfully these trx s too by the time you get done pimping them out.

So what are my options I was thinking tbolt roller top end?

The V2 head is a great option. Outside of that, you could go with the standard TB race head (on back order at the moment though), Takegawa, or Kitaco. Weve ran the TB stuff for years, as long as you go with a "matched" set-up the reliability is there like you are looking for. PM me I have some contacts for you to get everything you need for the manual clutch conversion. There is a 1 down tranny but the TRX trannys are bulletproof, I would stay with the stocker.
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

I would get ahold of Terry at Firepower minis. You can. Message him through Facebook or Just Google Firepower minis for a phone number or email address. He has done us right along with a bunch of other people in the racing business. Check out what he has going with the Raptor 125. If It's a production class your going to have to stick with the Honda cases. They are more expensive to build than a Pitbike motor,but also you got a little better quality.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy77 View Post
    I would get ahold of Terry at Firepower minis. You can. Message him through Facebook or Just Google Firepower minis for a phone number or email address. He has done us right along with a bunch of other people in the racing business. Check out what he has going with the Raptor 125. If It's a production class your going to have to stick with the Honda cases. They are more expensive to build than a Pitbike motor,but also you got a little better quality.
    What he said^^^^ That's where I was sending you too.
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

I do have a 114cc kit that we had on our Xtreme. It's a Honda bolt pattern and has the trailbike race head. Pro ankh let it go fairly cheap.I would stay away from the V2 head on the 125 motor. It's made for the bigger bores and the one we had didn't make near the power as our Takegawa heads. Call Terry he will get you all fixed up.if your interested in the 114 kit hit me up.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice

I switched Gears on this project, I am building it for my Girl friend now and It will have a Crf 150r engine in it. I haven't had a chance to do much more than just tweak the chassis to get the engine between the rails yet but It looks like It will fit in fairly easy. next Fall I will build a new frame for it. Does any one know the wheel base and Swingarm length the Jb, Fischer or Roberts bikes use? I plan to stretch the chassis a little bit but not sure yet how much to go. I guess once its running She will tell me, but be nice to have a starting point to begin chassis layout.

Roberts mods are larger based off a 400ex. The JB and Fischer's are close to the TRX with a long travel swing arm. If you get it close to a 300ex you should be good. You can probably find 300ex specs online.

Completely changed direction, just building a new frame. Engine didnt fit no room for radiator. Should have tubing this week to continue.
    IMG_20140302_210601_254.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast