Thread: radiator fin straightening?

radiator fin straightening?

So I've been straightening my rad fins for over 2 hours with little tweezers to make sure they are straight and I haven't gotten very far. Its a fluidyne and i cant just run a comb through it. Anybody have any clever way to speed up this process instead of picking each and every fin to be straight?
    2005 trx450-houser arms/PEP, 06 swinger, dc-6 linkage, lsr axle, protaper, houser stem, goldspeed wheels and tires, pro armor skids/nerfs/bumper,k&n, 43.5mm FCR, Kohashigawa Exhaust, +1 Ti Intake Valves, +2 Ti Exhaust Valves, CV4 Valve Springs, webcam, CT Racing Head, CB Seats, je 13.8:1, crf ignition, fluidyne radiator, hinson, asv, DID, Supersprox, ccp damper, Twist Throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lquad71 View Post
    So I've been straightening my rad fins for over 2 hours with little tweezers to make sure they are straight and I haven't gotten very far. Its a fluidyne and i cant just run a comb through it. Anybody have any clever way to speed up this process instead of picking each and every fin to be straight?
    Take yourself to a A/C supply house and ask for a condencer fin roller.There only a few bucks besides it's just another tool A friend of mine has one for his job and at lest once a month he has to straighten out my rad. Hope this helps.
    U.K. It's better to be "Over the Hill" then under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornbreaker View Post
    Take yourself to a A/C supply house and ask for a condencer fin roller.There only a few bucks besides it's just another tool A friend of mine has one for his job and at lest once a month he has to straighten out my rad. Hope this helps.

How does it work? I wouldn't mind doing this to my radiator.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Honda 400ex
    Spider Grips
    DG Bumper
    Lonestar Axle Carrier
    JE 416 Kit W/ Hotcam Stage II
    Hmf Slip On
    Sunstar Sprockets
    Uni Airfilter
    Pro Design Kill Switch
    Fasst Flexx Handlebars
    Axis Dual Rate Fully Adjustable
    Derisi Racing Rear Rebuild
    DID Oring Chain
    Clutch And Brake Blockoff
    AC pro pegs with heelguards
    EBC Brakes
    94 Octane
    Powermadd Handguards with Wraps/Extenders
    maxxis razr 2s all around on itp bajas
    maier orange plastics
    led tail light
    houser a arms
    tusk gas cap
    galfer brake lines
    SRP Steering Stabilizer
    PRM Swingarm Skid

You just find what size your fins are spaced apart and then push it between the fins carefully.
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.

The problem with that is my fins are smashed to where I cant even put a tiny screwdriver in there. Im literally taking tiny pliers and moving every fin to where it should be.
    2005 trx450-houser arms/PEP, 06 swinger, dc-6 linkage, lsr axle, protaper, houser stem, goldspeed wheels and tires, pro armor skids/nerfs/bumper,k&n, 43.5mm FCR, Kohashigawa Exhaust, +1 Ti Intake Valves, +2 Ti Exhaust Valves, CV4 Valve Springs, webcam, CT Racing Head, CB Seats, je 13.8:1, crf ignition, fluidyne radiator, hinson, asv, DID, Supersprox, ccp damper, Twist Throttle.