Thread: Microsprint3k - Bad seller

Microsprint3k - Bad seller

Purchased a TRX450R Frame and Subrame from him. I asked Microsprint3k (Kyle Hedrick) if the frame was in good shape or if there was any damage - he told me "NO". He did not disclose that the upper front shock mounting bolt holes had been modified cause he was running FOX shocks without the eyelet reducers. The holes are drilled out to a larger size. I contacted Kyle and he basically said tough luck, "worked fine for me".

I would not have bought the frame had this been disclosed. He sent pictures and text messages stating that all was fine.

Here is the whole story:

I will admit, I am guilty of being too trusting - never again. I received the frame and subframe and did not tear it open immediately - bad idea!

From the beginning:
    In early March, I begin looking for a frame, late one night, Kyle posts up a frame for sale on ATVRiders. The thread gave instructions to text or email for pictures. So I text him and asked for pics along with the same ole questions any one asks:

1. What condition?
    2. How much?
    3. Any damage or repairs?

He tells me in good shape, $275 shipped. I was leaving on vacation the next day and I told him I would be gone for 10 days, so I would pay him in a few days. He says OK. Midway through my vacation (3/22/13), I contact him and Paypal him. I get home on April 1st and did not a get a chance to unwrap the frame and check it all over till April 27th. I text Kyle and let him know i got it though.

As I am unwrapping the shrink wrap, I quickly noticed several things:

1. absolutely no padding or cushion was used to keep the frame from getting beat to hell in transit.
    2. the frame was quite used
    3. the lower left front a-arm mount was damaged badly during shipping
    4. there are several tabs that were bent due to the lack of padding to prevent damage.

As I did not tear it open and inspect the package immediately, I did not contact Kyle, I thought, I will just repair the tabs and a-arm mounts and move on. So I begin looking over the frame and contemplating my build and start to mock some things up, I noticed the upper shock mounts were drilled out to a larger diameter bolt - ODD! To my knowledge all shocks and shock companies use the same eyelets size. So I contact Kyle via Text to ask him about it. He tells me that the guy he got the frame from used them with some FOx shocks... I told him that he did not disclose that fact to me - if he did, I would not have bought the frame. So I ask him if he wants to refund me some money to help cover the cost of the repair. In many more words - he basically told me to piss off! He says its been almost 2 months and that his dad is in the hospital and to leave him the hell alone. He also told me he had to pay $117 in shipping and that I "got my damn moneys worth" (I will be the judge of that). As a seller, you should calculate the price of shipping and include that as part of your negotiation with the potential buyer - if you don't, that is your own damn fault! He even told me to leave bad feedback cause he did not care - I have the text messages saved if anyone cares to read.

So, as Kyle aka KEH450R aka Microsprint3k has a few threads with parts for sale, I thought I would make sure that other members could read for themselves what kind of seller Kyle is. I sell and buy parts all the time, if you purchase something from me and are not satisfied, I don't give a frick if you did not tear it open the second you got it and did a thorough inspection (as long as there is not possible way that you damaged it). That is how it is supposed to be done!

So - what did I learn:

1. open packages and inspect immediately
    2. file a paypal dispute if you are not happy
    3. avoid making deals in text messages, do it in PMs or on the forum (unless you are dealing with a person you know)
    4. ask for detailed pictures

Why do I write all this? Well, I don't claim to be the best buyer/seller, but I have enough integrity to make things right when things don't go as planned!

End of story - sorry for ranting.......I usually don't leave negative feedback but Mr. Hedrick's ability tot tell me to piss off and its not his damn problem sent me over the edge.