Thread: which is better(funner)?

which is better(funner)?

which is better or funner xc or mx racing?
    03 yellow 400 ex
    baja skids(a arms,belly,and swing)
    20x11x9 xcrs on .190 douglas rims
    11:1 piston, stage 2 hotcams, heavy duty camchain, hmf slipon

I guess it depends on what type of riding you enjoy most. I love MX with a passion...hammerin down WOT on a open track..getting big air or even small air..landing a downside perfect and gettin back on the gas..but the races are short. I prefer to practice on MX tracks over racing honestly. I can go to a local race and spend 9 hours there only to ride 13 laps total for the day...Now if I go to a practice MX track..I stay for 3 or 4 hours and ride till i can't anymore and blisters are covering my hands.. I can ride when I want,,how I want,,and for how long I want..

XC is a new thing to me..I have lots of woods riding experience but not much with racing for long periods of time..I'm still getting used to it and learning..luckily I have some good friends that have tons of XC expereince to help guide me in the right direction... Now if I can only get them to offer beer at the multiple check points I'll sell all MX stuff and be sticktly XC...:devil

i agree with Rico. Ive raced a few MXs b4 and they were a blast........but to pay $30 to race and u only race for a total of 20 minutes, its a waist of money. I pay $20 to race a local XC and am out for an hour and a half riding. And i personally think there is no feeling better then coming out of the woods first place on the first lap and u being the first person anyone sees. That is the best feeling EVER!!
    09 KTM 450xc

I like to just practice for a few hours on a track too. It's fun just to try different things and try to get better on specific jumps, turns, or whoops.

Racing MX is a totally different animal though. At the starting gate, motors revving like crazy, gate drops, a whole group of 4-wheeled monsters screaming into a corner, full speed, trying to fit in a spot big enough for 2 or 3 quads. It's frickin' exhilerating. Just race one time with a big group and you'll feel it. It's hard to replace that feeling in practice, so they are two entirely different things to me.
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

Originally posted by Razorback
    It's frickin' exhilerating. Just race one time with a big group and you'll feel it. It's hard to replace that feeling in practice, so they are two entirely different things to me.

I normally get out front in MX so I don't know that feeliln Scott... LMFAO

i like MX cause the tracks are nice and groomed, and i like jumping

Originally posted by Rico
    I normally get out front in MX so I don't know that feeliln Scott... LMFAO
    uh huh, right :blah

2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."