Thread: chain rollers/guides

Question chain rollers/guides

hey there fellas, new fxr owner checking in and have a question for you pitster owners out there that have experience with these
    units. The fxr is rare up here in canada most guys run can am
    ds 90x's, wanted somthing different, just for trails and playing
    for the kids. i bought this thing from a dealership that happened
    to have one, it is supposedly new but the large white chain guide
    or roller that covers the swing arm pivot is loose and it looks
    like maybe a bearing failed, is there a bearing supposed to be in there or does it just spin loosely? other than that pretty impressed with this unit for the cost any feed back is appreciated.

It just spins loose on the swing arm, go to pitsters web site and they have exploded views of all the different parts. Is that a alumunum swingarm or steel?
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

its an aluminum one, kind of chincy if it just rolls loose like that, is there anything better out there?

thanks for the reply.

We run Atv Fourplay swing arms on our 2 pitsters. They have a 300ex style chain slide on them. Check out Atv Fourplay web site he has some good pictures of the quads. You might be able to drlll and tap the swingarm and then add a little spacer to make the 300ex slide fit.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice

Did you grab that from Lloyd? I was looking at that add and wanted to trade in our TRX90 for it.
    We just took the TRX90 to Brule and Cadomin and it needs more of everything!

How does it run? Like you said I can't find any of those up here.

If you ever sell it let me know.

Get some video, I'd love to see it go.

Yeah I did grab it from lloyd! the thing is deceptivly fast, bought the semi auto 125 engine and will switch out the 150 until my little guy is ready for clutching it, or better yet would be buying another one with a 125 already in it. the pics they showed were better than the actual condition it was in when i picked it up, the graphics were missing and rear brake was out of adjustment so it dragged, but over all I am impressed. I think I am loving it more than my kids. I may grab a swing arm off 4play if the swing arm starts to groove, for now it seems ok though. Call ames motorsports in edmonton, maybe if he starts getting some calls for them he will try to get a few in over the winter. the parts seem down right cheap for this thing too, No one pushes them up
    here very well but I would think the 90 should walk all over a ds 90 X in the trails and dunes. Keep in touch and if i make any head way in finding any around edmonton I can relay for you.

If your looking for a new Pitster call them up and ask for Gary in sales. He is the owner of the company and will get you the best deal on a new one. They drop ship right to your house or work. Very little assembly.
    As far as the brakes they suck. We adapted a honda 450r rear brake caliper and it made a huge difference. going to work on putting 300ex brakes up front. It appears that a 300ex rear brake may even be easier for the rear. The rear carrier is designed off the 300ex and uses the same bearings and seals. The only difference is the pitster uses 2 bearings on the sprocket side so you have to buy 2 bearing kits. But next time you will only need one.
    I would give your son a chance on the manual clutch. Adam started racing manual clutch quads when he was 7 and now this is all we own. He turns 9 Oct 10th.They pick it up quick.

Will they drop ship in Canada? figured there would be some
    tangles importing it, a guy should call Gary any ways, I think these
    fxr's are awesome and it was either that or a can am ds 90x, and I just can't do the can am.

I would just give Gary a call and see what he says. Also you can buy all your parts directly from them. If you keep fairly fresh pads on the rear brake they seem to work better. Also elka makes shocks for the stock suspension. I think I saw them on ATV Galaxy who sells most their stuff on ebay. The atv four play uses longer shocks. The fourplay suspension is awesome but i bet you would get a huge improvenent switching shocks.

Also if your looking for graphics BRM Offroad has the Pitster pattern but I will warn you they are a little pricey but they are top notch graphics