Thread: Official 2013 Calendar Thread

Post Official 2013 Calendar Thread

Hello fellow R enthusiasts and welcome to the official 2013 250r calendar thread. I'd first like to thank everyone that has participated in the past and made the last three years a great success. If you're new to the board, do a calendar search and you'll see what's happened for the last few years.

If you bought one last year, you saw the changes I made adding different pics people sent in throughout the calendar. If anyone would like to add dates of events that would go along with our community, say, major race events, dunefest or whatever you can think of, please feel free to forward any info you have to me.

As always, the plan is to have calendars to everyone by christmas. To make that happen, we need to get things right going in, so please read everything below.

1. Take a new picture of your R or R's. This can be a quad or atc. Anything 250r from 85-89.
    - Use your camera's highest resolution. Shoot for at least using a 6 megapixel camera.
    - Please no cell phone pictures or old pictures that have been scanned.
    - The resolution issue really can't be stressed enough. You can take a low-res image and enlarge it, but you don't gain any resolution in the process, you'll just get a larger, fuzzier image. We need good enough resolution to get good output from which to print.
    - Another thing that may be an issue, if you use Outlook, is that it may ask if you want to resize the image when you send it. This is almost always making the image smaller so it will transmit more quickly. If you see this pop-up, then select "keep image original size" from the drop-down.

2. The subject of the picture is your R. It has to be your R that you submit.
    - It can be a still pic, racing, hillclimbing, duning, whatever you'd like to use!
    - You don't have to be the photographer, only the owner of said R.
    - No photoshopping to change the nature of the shot. This refers to things like you jumping the Grand Canyon with your R or similar tricks.
    - Please don't crop the image. If you want the final image to be cropped, let me know and I'll make sure it gets done in the end. Sometimes we need all the resolution we can get and cropping will reduce the pixel count.

3. Include the following info with your submission.
    - Your first name
    - Your board name
    - Model and year of quad
    - Any of specifics you'd like to include
    -As far as specifics, I'm mostly shooting for frame and motor work if any.

4. Submit your picture by...not quite sure when I'll stop taking pics but I will let everyone know when we're getting close. I'd say around the end of october.
    - Please send only ONE picture.
    -I don't want to pick a picture for you. I, just like everyone else, have a different taste. Pick out a pic that you like the best!!

5. Voting for the main pictures will start shortly after I'm done receiving pics. I will let everyone know when we will start.

Please send your submissions to:

Fear250r@me.com

I will confirm receipt of every submission. If you haven't heard from me in a couple days, resend or e-mail and ask.

We also need other shots for the extras. Works in progress, engines, details, whatever you'd like to send. These are not voted on and will be used at our discretion.

Orders will be taken from the time of voting until it's ready to go to print. You'll have plenty of time to decide if you want one/more depending on what quads are in it.

Well, I think that's about it. Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully you'll only have to read it once!!

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

As always, Good luck and have fun!!

Jesse
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

For anyone that hasn't purchased one in the past or for anyone new, here are a few pics of last years calendar.

I've got about 17 great pics come in so far!!

Keep 'em coming!!
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

I'll be accepting pics until the 28th of this month. If you'd like to submit a pic, please get it in to me as soon as possible!! Thanks!!

Jesse
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

Last weekend to get your pics in!!

Don't be left in the dust!!

Also, any "extra" pics you'd like to submit would be great. Anything from parts or a build in process or anything else that would fit the bill.

Jesse
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

When we voting on the 2013 calendar???
    Caution! Post Whore!
    Kansas B Class Motocross Racer
    Long Live the 250r!

Voting has started!!

There is a thread titled, "Calendar Voting Thread!!" with all the info there.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...93#post4301493
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

Done!
    Tuff to pick 12. Lots of nice choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BCTRX View Post
    Done!
    Tuff to pick 12. Lots of nice choices.
    What I like about the page set up is there more than 1 pic on each page. If you extended that to one big pic and 2 smaller pics you can get 36 different pics on your calender. Time to be taking your pictures when you are doing your summer builds. I'm gonna be putting together a 485 Saber duner for this years pics. Enjoy
    Home of the shiny 250r
    I see stuff whether it exists or not

Quote Originally Posted by Pumashine View Post
    What I like about the page set up is there more than 1 pic on each page. If you extended that to one big pic and 2 smaller pics you can get 36 different pics on your calender. Time to be taking your pictures when you are doing your summer builds. I'm gonna be putting together a 485 Saber duner for this years pics. Enjoy
    Tony, I'd hate to go crazy with too many pics for the main pic, thus, taking away from your top 12. It also feels more like the "everyone get a trophy" to blow up pics that weren't voted in. That's just me though..

Quote Originally Posted by michael78888 View Post
    Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
    Michael, I'm not sure I quite understand your question. If you do a search for calendar in this section, I'm sure all your questions could be answered.

Jesse
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fear250r View Post
    Tony, I'd hate to go crazy with too many pics for the main pic, thus, taking away from your top 12. It also feels more like the "everyone get a trophy" to blow up pics that weren't voted in. That's just me though..

Michael, I'm not sure I quite understand your question. If you do a search for calendar in this section, I'm sure all your questions could be answered.

Jesse
    Its spam
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com