Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone else bungee their fenders?

Question anyone else bungee their fenders?

recently I noticed my rear fenders starting to "droop" a little. I decided to fight gravity by hooking a bungee cord from fender to fender across the back of the seat when the bike is not in use. I think it is helping. when I remove the bungee cord, the fenders seem to be holding their original shape a little better.

anyone else notice their fenders starting to sag?
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Its plastic!! You're always gonna have they problem! Your machine is not brand new anymore.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    are urs this bad... i have no problem with mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

400ex21,is that your quad?if it is,could you post some more pics?is it green or is yellow and that is just the way the lighting is making it appear?
    Last edited by crday98; 12-10-2001 at 11:51 PM.

no..lol, mine are not near as bad as the one pictured. they are just starting to sag a little. I think the bungee cord trick is working to slow the sagging process.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

That green 400ex was on Ebay a while back. Anyways, that plastic is Maier, which is probably weaker than stock
    ~2001 Yellow 400ex, K&N filter with Pre-filter, POLISHED Supertrapp IDS2 silencer, 20" rear Holeshots tires, Braking brake pads, Black Shockers Shockcovers, Renthal 400ex bend bars w/ oury grips, Pro Design tether kill switch, JE 440 big bore 10.5-1 piston, Dyno Jet Stage 2 kit, Removed air box lid, Duncan Racing aluminum nerfs, AC Racing full chassis skid plate, Race cut plastic, AC Racing mudscreen bumper, and a 42 pilot jet and removed choke.
    *SOLD*

my plastic was as bad as the one pictured, before i bought new plastic that is...
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    nope not mine its like 400ex joe said its off ebay... i have a pic saved of every color 400ex so if i ever decide to change or someon wants to see orange or green or purple i got it right here... to bad i have to delete my whole comp...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

The reason why that green 400's fenders are sagging so much is because maier fenders sag like a champ.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

You sure did word it like it was yours? I remembered it off ebay too because a guy out of des moines was selling it which is about 30 miles from here.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast