Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PEP to Fox

Originally posted by dustin_j
    I just looked at your picture in the " post mx 400 pics!!!" thread, and you have standard travel +2 arms. The 17" shocks are probably a little long, even. PEP ZPS shocks are typically a little long. You'd be looking at some stock length aftermarket shocks or stock 450R fronts, rebuilt for your arms. 18.75" is definately too long for your setup. I hope this helps.

Dustin
    im gonna x2 that post. 18.75 is way too long for those arms man. your camber would be way off, and you would suffer a ton in your ability to corner.

The quad would wind up having a ton of oversteer, and since your a-arms arent camber adjustable, there wouldnt be any way to correct this problem.

Also since they are too long, where the suspension should be in its stroke would be off.

IE: for the sake of easy explanation. Lets say that in theory for this shock your high speed spring is fully compressed at 25% of the stroke and your main spring takes over. ( Just an example, i know it may not be exact #s for this shock)

Since the shock would have to be compressed a little already to be put on the quad, your high speed spring would be prematurely compressed to a certain point and you would essentially already be patrially into the stroke of the shock. This would mean that your main spring would be kicking in too soon and your high speed spring would have very limited use.
    IE: through whoops ect.

This would make for a really crappy ride, and pretty much defeats the purpose of having a high end shock. And if youre racing MX, id steer clear of these shocks.
    * Spode Freestyler *

Team Spode Racing

Thank you to my sponsors: DWT, Motoworks, Lone Star Racing, Dirt Fiend Racing, Go Pro Cameras, Amsoil, Spy Optics, Motoconcepts, We All Ride Clothing, Leatt Braces, ODI Grips

2004 YFZ450

Definitely too long of a shock, but you can get them rebuilt and have them set to the proper length to fit your a-arms and such.

YFZR front shocks measure 18.25" eye to eye. I know that for a fact as I have a YFZR
    2009 YFZ450R
    Baldwin, DID, DP, Houser, JB, Maxxis, PD, PCV, PEP, LSR, Rath, RPM, Sparks, SSI, SunStar, Works Connection

Special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports, PEP, SSI Decals, & my checkbook!!

You said you would have $300 extra right?

That should probably be plenty of money to have them set to the right length.
    IM HARD ON EQUIPMENT!

GOON: look pro, go slow!

Spider Graphix, Magic Motorsports, ATVRDIERS.COM, MOM&DAD

****Breast cancer awareness! I love you grandma!****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12