Thread: oil splattering on right front fender!!

oil splattering on right front fender!!

Ok, this is not the 1st time i notcied this, i started up my quad after washing it, it started, let it idle warm, revved it up and i noticed what looked to be splatters of oil.... on the front right fender..... I revved it several times and i couldn't find where it was coming from, what do you guys think i should be looking for?

And, after that, the quad wouldn't rev without dieing, then when it died it wouldn't start back up. It finally started after i turned the tank on reserve and pumped the throttel a while.....

this quad......
    Loud Pipes Save Lives!
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
    Ill keep my Guns, Money, and Freedom. You can keep the change.

The only place I could think it would be getting to the right fender is on the oil filter cover. Maybe there's a chip in the cover and its splashing out?
    2007 400ex -
    Pro Circuit T-4 Slip-On, Pro Armour Nerfs, UNI Air Filter, K&N PowerLid, PowerMadd Handguards, 155 Main, 42 Pilot, YFZ450 Front Shocks, Shock Pros CDN Flag Front Shock Covers, Shaved Front Fenders, Moose MXR Rear Brake Rotor, NGK Spark Plug, 20" ITP Holeshot XCR's in Rear, ODI Rogue Lock-On Grips, ROX Billet Handguard Mounts, Factory FX Glass Grip Donuts, DG Sport Bumper, Pro-Taper SE ATV High Bend Handlebars, ROX Dash, DP Brake Pads, DG Baja Series Swing Arm Skid Plate

2001 300ex-
    FMF PowerCore 4, FMF Hi-Flow Headpipe, Kimpex 14T Front Sprocket, Kimpex 38T Rear Sprocket, All Balls Carrier Barrings , Kimpex Chain, Scott Grips, UNI Air Filter, Homemade Long/Wide Grab Bar, NHC Kevlar Rear Brake Pad, 22" Maxxis Razrs on Rear

'84 Suzuki lt125
    '07 Daymak 125 -Paid 80, sold 450
    '77 Kawisaki KM100 -Wiseco, JT, EK
    '07 Baja DR90
    '05 Ski-Doo GSX 600 HO SDI Lt.

Maybe head gasket leak?
    2003 Honda 440 Ex. (In rebuild at moment)
    Renthal Handlebars : Nerf Bars : Durable Heavy Duty Axle : White Bros. E series : Dynojeted : AC racing front bumper : Holeshot XCR back tires : K&N Air filter w/ prefilter : SRP PB Block Off : SRP Double Row Carrier : EK Chain : SRP Brake Rotor

What about that breather hose that comes out of the valve cover? Maybe when you rev it up it's blowing that hose open and it's bowing the oil out the gap.? Idk
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.

Another thing to look at is the oil tank and oil tank lines. Those are up front on the frame and especially the one coming from the top could be blowing oil onto your fender. There is an oil filter in the bottom of the tank that you can check to be sure it is not clogged.

Oil filter cover. i was talking too my buddy last night and he was saying he had a chip there or really bad gasket or something but said it spewed oil all over his leg and fenders
    XC 08 450r