Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Competition

You are correct about the supermini class and the great riders at Nationals. But the winning supermini motor would not be legal for production even with the increase in cc's.
    The fourstroke increase would have to be for production only and then it would give the Pitsters and Hondas a better chance against the wiley cobra motor.It might even bring more quads to the gate and maybe they could split the classes.
    Checked at Walnut and I dont think there was a rider in that class younger than 13. We are looking forward to the challenge but know its going to be a up hill battle when we throw our 8 yearold out there.
    Adam McGee Racing 11 running 2 Pitster Pro's and a Xtreme custom flat tracker. Thanks Firepower Minis, Tbolt Usa, Atv Fourplay, Pitster Pro BRM Offroad graphics, Titain Motorworks , Motocross Vests Champions Choice
    Moto X Outcast 2012 90cc 3rd place
    Steve Nace Indoor Winter Nationals St and TT 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 2nd place.

Yeah 8 years old is young to be thrown out there. But on another hand kids seem to get faster quicker when riding with older and faster riders. You were asking earlier about AMA rule changes.....They usually have a meeting for rider suggestions after the banquet in Pigeon forge thats where you would want to voice your opinion.
    Benjamin Kirkland #99
    2012-2013 G-Force National rider
    2010 & 2011 DRR "Top Gun" National Team
    2010 AMA 50cvt South Champ
    2010 SEquads 7-9 Champ

Bunch of YZ85's

Thanks to our sponsors for the last few years!
    HotQuads, Elka Shocks, Alpinestar, G-Force Powersports, Wreckage Clothing, Faction Mx, Leatt Brace, Amsoil, Spy Optics, 488 web design

For some reason it just seems AMA is behind when it comes to quads. I never understood how they couldn't see the need for a change.

Redonkulousruntsracing, alot of your buddies problem is letting Matt build him a motor lol. He's somewhat clueless when it comes to the knowledge that Terry has. That guy is McGyver when it comes to those China engines. I'm sure we had the first China motor to run away from 2fasts off the gate. Rider was just too young to keep up with older/faster kids that didn't have to shift. Terry is hands down "the best" there is in my opinion.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Redonkulousruntsracing, alot of your buddies problem is letting Matt build him a motor lol. He's somewhat clueless when it comes to the knowledge that Terry has. That guy is McGyver when it comes to those China engines. I'm sure we had the first China motor to run away from 2fasts off the gate. Rider was just too young to keep up with older/faster kids that didn't have to shift. Terry is hands down "the best" there is in my opinion. [/B][/QUOTE]

I didnt want to be the one to say it, but I've heard the same about Matt......
    Thanks to our 2013 sponsors!
    Fischer Cycle Racing
    FPM
    Gainer Auto Body
    Tekraft Ind.
    TBolt USA
    GOPRO

Wow,LOL!!
    I will pass alll of this on to my friend with the Matt built Pitster.

To be honest, I think he giving up on it, his boy is turning 12 soon and he weighs 150 lbs. He has an 08 Honda 450 chassis that is recieving a 09 250 out of a bike to run in the schoolboy class locally, I dont know what class he will be able to run his new creation in at Nationals, but it should be fun.
    2013 NEATV-MX 3rd place 70cc championship
    #822 Seth "Rockstar" Reese

APEX, ATLAS NECKBRACE, ANSWER RACING, EVS, ATV FOURPLAY, DWT, MALOSSI, KLOTZ, ELKA SUSPENSION & DRT MOTORSPORTS

Lol, 150 pds he's not going to see much in terms of competing with higher HP 2 strokes on an underpowered China engine. That's more of his problem than anything. Put a 100pd kid on it and he gets just that much more performance from it. Jam was only a tad over 70 pds on the monster we had. It was like the motor didn't realise he was on the bike LMAO.

I don't mean to say anything negative about Matt. But I tell it how it is! I've learned my lesson dealing with him from a few different personal experiences. They were claiming the Pitster engines had the "close ratio" trannys in them. Some were... Some weren't. Pretty much came down to which bike they sent you after you purchased one LMAO. VERY deceptive!
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works