Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT Thunder front springs

GT Thunder front springs

Has anyone tried using just the springs without the revalve for 450r front shocks? I just order a set and am curious about what to expect. I can't put out the money for the revalve right now. I'm hoping to soften it up at least a little bit. Do I need to make many changes to the compression and rebound settings after installing the springs? Thanks for any input.
    AWRCS #484 QXC Senior class - yeah i'm old but i can still ride!

2000 400ex , dg pipe , k&n , ac nerfs and front bumper , burgard +2+1 a-arms, armidillo rear skid , rock beadlocks all around , kenda klaw xc's front and rear , 450r front shocks , GT Thunder front and rear springs and xc link , tusk braided front brake lines and clamps , moose case saver , streamline steering stabilizer , renthal bars , much more to come!

Im getting ready to do the same thing.

They also sell a Spring for the rear shock for $85 which i am going to do also.

The rebound and compression settings is what you will need to do for personal pref.

You will just have to ride and set them up the way you like them

I cant wait to do mine!
    IM HARD ON EQUIPMENT!

GOON: look pro, go slow!

Spider Graphix, Magic Motorsports, ATVRDIERS.COM, MOM&DAD

****Breast cancer awareness! I love you grandma!****

interested to hear how you like the new springs. I am considering the same thing.
    02 400ex, White Bros. Exhaust, K&N.

Thumbs up

I personally have the works triple rate spring upgrade(zero preload) and it lowered the front back to stock height and made it nice and plush. I don't race so I couldn't justify paying for a full rebuild. I think you will be very impressed with the upgrade but to each his own I suppose. It all depends on what your expectations are, but mine were exceeded. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with the new springs!
    2004 400EX
    2003 Rubicon
    2007 TRX450ER

Thanks for the input guys. I will post after installing the springs and riding it. I think they will soften the ride a bit, time will tell ! Now if I can only get GT Thunder to ship them hmm...

2000 400ex , dg pipe , k&n , ac nerfs and front bumper , burgard +2+1 a-arms, armidillo rear skid , rock beadlocks all around , kenda klaw xc's front and rear , 450r front shocks , GT Thunder front and rear springs and xc link , tusk braided front brake lines and clamps , moose case saver , streamline steering stabilizer , renthal bars , much more to come!

Get them yet!?
    IM HARD ON EQUIPMENT!

GOON: look pro, go slow!

Spider Graphix, Magic Motorsports, ATVRDIERS.COM, MOM&DAD

****Breast cancer awareness! I love you grandma!****

i've been running the triple rate spring kit on my 450r shocks for about a year now. it softened it up a whole bunch, so i turned the large nuts on the top about halfway down the thread and it's much more stiff. For not having them revalved, these shocks feel like a whole different world.

I got them and got them installed. Big difference !!! but... If your getting the fronts do yourself a favor and get the rear at the same time. To get my ride height right I had to crank in a lot of preload on the front springs. I'm happy with the fronts but I'll be real happy after I get the rear as well. Springs are much softer and doesn't beat me up nearly as bad. Also gives the front a lot more adjustability.

i think this maybe my next investment
    XC 08 450r

Originally posted by #484
    I got them and got them installed. Big difference !!! but... If your getting the fronts do yourself a favor and get the rear at the same time. To get my ride height right I had to crank in a lot of preload on the front springs. I'm happy with the fronts but I'll be real happy after I get the rear as well. Springs are much softer and doesn't beat me up nearly as bad. Also gives the front a lot more adjustability.
    how far down did you set the nuts on the threads?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast