Thread: Lt80 "NO" low end power

Lt80 "NO" low end power

Suzuki Lt 80 Quadsport "NO" low end power, I have replaced with NEW, air filter, fuel shut off valve, piston/rings/clips/bearing/head & exhaust gaskets. Disassembled/cleaned/inspected carb. Removed/inspected Reed cage. New NGK plug. Removed/cleaned/lubed secondary clutch. Belt is like new. I could not get the primary clutch off but it looks new and shinny and doesn't appear to be hanging up. The only thing I have not done is mess with the Magneto. I have a couple questions I would appreciate any help with...... First; any idea's???? Second; How can I set the timing on this. Third; Will the Lbs of cylinder pressure go up as the rings set because right now I only have 110ft lbs Fourth; Can I replace the Reed cage "phillips screws" with hex bolts and is there a torque spec here? Thanks, email me at testdriverbob@aol.com

the compression sounds low. my daughters is at 155 and runs great
    '05 400EX
    STOCK MOTOR, KFX450R SHOCKS, SPARKS SUPERCHARGER RING, OUTERS LID, 450R UNI, YOSHI SLP ON, SPARKS 6* KEY, PRO TAPER ATV HIGH, 1" BAR RISERS, DYNO JET KIT, FULL SKID PLATES
    '96 TRX 300FW
    SNORKLE, WINCH
    '99 LT80

lt 80

slight gains in compression gains after break in ,but its not going from 110 to 155 .did you check the butt gap on the rings before assembly

I agree compression is quite low, have you tired checking for any sort of oil leak or head may need some re-torque.