Thread: GT Thunder clutch mod

GT Thunder clutch mod

For all you guys out there trying to get more performance from your Raptor 90, I recently sent in the front part of my clutch, the variator, and had GT Thunder perform their mod to it, only costs $50 and WOW! what a difference. Instant acceleration off the line and a bit more topend speed too. A win - win situation. It is a simple mod, they did some cutting, bending on the shape of the ramps, welded them to the new shape and machined out the bottom part of the ramps. Looks simple, huge difference.
    '09 Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR XC Racer
    2010 35+B Class Champion

Re: GT Thunder clutch mod

Originally posted by ccdhowell
    For all you guys out there trying to get more performance from your Raptor 90, I recently sent in the front part of my clutch, the variator, and had GT Thunder perform their mod to it, only costs $50 and WOW! what a difference. Instant acceleration off the line and a bit more topend speed too. A win - win situation. It is a simple mod, they did some cutting, bending on the shape of the ramps, welded them to the new shape and machined out the bottom part of the ramps. Looks simple, huge difference.
    What was the turn around time to get it done?

8 days
    2010 35+B Class Champion

Thanks! may have to give this try once we get a break in racing

I did it between races, sweated getting it back, but in the end the turn around was quick and it was no problem.

Huge improvement, my daughter got the holeshot on her first race with the modded clutch.
    2010 35+B Class Champion

Do they do that to the Raptor 50 clutch also?
    05 440 11:1, Stage 2 HotCam, GT Thunder HD head studs, HD timing chain, & head gasket, Edelbrock D.E. sig series 440 carb, billet spacer plate, Pro design billet intake adapter, UNI filter, Outerwear air box cover, Trinity stage 4 full exhaust, Hinson Billet clutch basket, fibers, & springs, 15/38 gearing, D.I.D. X-ring chain, AMR stage 3 cdi & monster coil, Procom rectifier, EMS high torque starter, Interstate Gel battery, Aluminum oversized oil tank, & air box, Maxxis Razr II's, Hiper wheels, DG pro peg nerfs, V-lite bumper, fat series swingarm skid, case saver, & front frame gaurd, OMF air scoups, Full Flight +2 A-arms, Elka Stage 4 front shocks, Precision steering stabilizer, Fasst flex barrs, Terry Cable thumb throttle, ODI Rouge grips, Rox powermad hand gaurds, & dash panel, LSR Axcaliber rear axel, Billet twin row carrier, & ebrake blockoff, Streamline S/S braided clutch cable.